2015 2500HD Pics

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Not that it would happen very often, but it should be protected. Any thing that is required to make the truck roll down the road should be protected. That small trans cooler with a hole in it is a potential fire waiting to happen. Not to mention the environmental impact from when you have to crawl up under there and spray it down to get the trans fluid off everything so you can pull the trans to rebuild it after it melts down from no fluid.

Big Block 88

Multiple choice muscle
Nov 3, 2008
Kansas when I am home
Perhaps the air flow around the truck would keep debris from entering the cooling mouth? My 87 chevy with a built 406 and a 700 had its cooler mounted on its frame under the truck and after tons of dirt road miles and muddin i never hurt the cooler. I was worried in the beggining i thought the tires front tires would beat the hell out of it.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
Many of the heavy off road equipment manufactures are already selling 2014 machine WITHOUT DEF!!! ( SCR ) systems. They are meting the US emissions requirements without using the DEF band aid.
Off-road equipment doesn't have to meet the same EPA emissions standards as motor vehicles.
I'm not sure how big the difference is, but the off-road standards equipment had far less stringent requirements in the past, and were implemented more recently.
There are different "Tiers" but I wouldn't assume that any given Tier for an on-road vehicle is the same as for off-road.
EPA on-road emissions standards are mileage-based (x amount per mile) rather than expressed in terms of parts per million. I'm not saying off-road standards use that measurement either, but making it mileage-based seems impossible since off-road equipment is sometimes stationary or nearly so. It may not be easy to compare the two different sets of standards.

Last edited:

NKlamerus

Jan 31, 2014
I read a interview with a lead designer from gm online somewhere...The lead message for the design?
"A fist in the wind"
No joke.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
That is one ugly ass truck right there.

I agree. I swear all the truck manufacturer's are in competition to see who can make the ugliest truck.
Hate all the new ones.

I agree, fugly. Sorry if this is your new truck man.

Add me to the list.
I can't decide for sure which is worse, the exterior or the interior, but it's probably the latter. The interior has way too many notches, grooves & layers. IMO, the interior looks like a hodge-podge improvised from left-over parts intended to create a crazy-quilt look.

I thought the exterior of the previous body style was a little too Jeep-like, and the new style evokes that even more.
Something about the combination of the too-prominent squared-off fender "flares" (which look as ifthey actually cut into the fender where they end at the top, but that must be an illusion)
and the raised strip that runs along the bottom just reminds me of old Jeep Cherokee styling. The GMC front grill looks like an angularized version of a Ford Excursion.
But I guess if Ford has round wheel-wells, GM has to go as far as they can away from that, even it results in the 'round-peg-in-a-square-hole' look.
barfing.gif

Last edited:

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
The more I look at the new ones sitting on the lot the more I hate them. That square fender just makes me cringe. Looks terrible IMO.

Sent from my C6906 using Tapatalk

BUST'EM 504

Oct 7, 2009
uploadfromtaptalk1394041450311.jpg

I saw this while searching somewhere. I think there is potential.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1394041450311.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1394041450311.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 95

Dirtymaxx03

Aug 4, 2009
I like the new body styles. Reminds me a lot of the older 80's model square bodies. My favorite model.

LtEng5

Mar 24, 2013
CT
In years past the regs for off-road and on-road have been significantly different. with the new regs over the past decade and forth coming the regs are pretty much equal. Some of the most dumb stuff I have seen is for existing emergency generators.....have had to have emissions and sound equipment installed to meet current regs for the year of retro fit or better. threat of fines and loss of credits was/is the driving factor at industrial companies. One of the companies that I saw get retrofitted is a chemical company in my first due area and we asked about whats was going on and was told that the company had to make the changes or replace the gen sets. Company didnt want to lose the EPA credits as it needs them for processes it does with in the facility; so EPA gave hem the retro fit or replace or fine option. Gen sets were only 3 years old at the time of retro fit and now have MASSIVE exhaust systems on top of the gen set house. just about the same size as the house too.......

As for the new truck looks... I'm leaning more towards the GMC. just seems to look cleaner.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
As for the new truck looks... I'm leaning more towards the GMC. just seems to look cleaner.
That cross-grille bar that Chevy adopted as their "signature" styling cue never did make any functional sense. Why go to a lot of trouble & redesign to ensure sufficient cooling, and then block off a large part of the grille opening? Maybe it doesn't actually put Chevy at an airflow disadvantage compared to GMC, but it sure looks like it does.

Max Attitude

11SIX
Mar 7, 2012
Caledonia, MI
I have always liked the bar through the center of the gille on the Chevy's. It's a nice touch of chrome imo. Block air flow? Look at the ford grilles.

Gone Nomad

On a Time Out
Sep 29, 2011
^ I guess that's why you have a Chevy, and I have a GMC...

You're right about the late model Fords taking grille blockage to a whole new level, and Ford truck buyers don't have a second style choice like we do.