Info: 2013 tuff truck challenge

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Nice meeting you again Dave! Seems like everyone has matching white GMC's now LOL.

I had a blast. I was on the verge of packing everything up Friday night. We had 2 trailer tires take a crap, decided to get all 4 new tires halfway to ABQ, 118* temps messing with James' AC and coolant/oil temps, and among other things, my fuel limiters messing with the truck. Didn't give up and Kory helped figure out the problem and we went from 14.3 to 12.77 in one night and 5 passes.

I got booted the first round of 12.50 index because I raced Garrett's 75/106mm LB7 and lost by a mile :roflmao:
Ran test and tune for the rest of the night and it kept getting .2-.3 faster with zero tuning changes.

I also made a huge mistake and put a 1.10 AR on the 75mm when I put the engine back in. :eek:

bluessmax

Tabasco Injected!
Nov 4, 2010
Lake Charles, la
Nice meeting you again Dave! Seems like everyone has matching white GMC's now LOL.

I had a blast. I was on the verge of packing everything up Friday night. We had 2 trailer tires take a crap, decided to get all 4 new tires halfway to ABQ, 118* temps messing with James' AC and coolant/oil temps, and among other things, my fuel limiters messing with the truck. Didn't give up and Kory helped figure out the problem and we went from 14.3 to 12.77 in one night and 5 passes.

I got booted the first round of 12.50 index because I raced Garrett's 75/106mm LB7 and lost by a mile :roflmao:
Ran test and tune for the rest of the night and it kept getting .2-.3 faster with zero tuning changes.

I also made a huge mistake and put a 1.10 AR on the 75mm when I put the engine back in. :eek:

Glad I was able to help bro, I just like seeing everyone go fast!

SickLL7Crenshaw

Billy The Kid
Mar 10, 2013
Mexico
Yip Sean had one out there.
Yep he had it on my truck for 46 min running non stop :roflmao:
They be lot editing to do lol
Had a blast guys good meetin brian, james, damian ,ben, garrett bonds, sean and many more that were there. Truck ran really clean and strong last night so I was pretty excited!

Last edited:

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Great to meet you too Blake! Good times out there for sure! I think I had more fun at the challenge of getting Brian's truck running right than I would have racing. Have 30 min to make changes and throw him back up in line makes for some fun in the pits

hondarider552

Getting faster
May 28, 2008
Arizona
Can I be part of the cummins smoke club?
DA was 9218 when we got to the track... yay for turbo lag

[YOUTUBE]esFrXIwpNSY&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]

D-MAX Mafia

Hood down, smoke up!
Nov 4, 2009
Phoenix
We had a great time last night!

I'd like to thank Damian and his family for the awesome hospitality at the bbq! You made us all feel welcome at your home and at the track.

I have videos of Myself, Brian, Garrett, and Blake as soon as I figure out how to get them off of an i phone and onto the forum.

I do have a few pics of the crew in front of the nasty dust storm.

ugyhynyr.jpg
9usy8a7e.jpg
uzedysap.jpg

A few more at the line.
eqejuryh.jpg
apevyqa8.jpg
e4amytav.jpg

Last edited:

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Ben it was great having you and the rest! Next year we will try and plan a bigger party so we can all hang out more and get to know eachother. I appreciated my folks letting me use their house because my house is smaller and doesn't have near as much of a yard. That dust storm sucked lol. Was relieved the weather turned out perfect in time for the races to start:thumb: I hope you will bring the crew next year and I promise to race with you guys next time!

DangerDog

Jul 11, 2010
Mesa AZ
Had a great time out there! Thanks for the BBQ on Saturday Damian, had a good time hanging out and talking diesels. Good pics of the trucks at the house too. Tell your parents thanks for letting us take over their yard (and driveway).

I had the external mic located right under Brians intake filter, way whistly lol. Need to get another one now and place it right by the exhaust for that sweet sexy Duramax exhaust sound.

DangerDog

Jul 11, 2010
Mesa AZ
I do Brian. Garett already text me about getting the video up. I will try and get Garett's up as well as Blake Vs Ben (Dmaxmafia) 12:5 final run

Lol, Brian asked me like 3 times the night of for the video. Again the next morning and called me as we were getting home to ask for it again. I almost wanted to tell him I accidentally deleted it already... hahaha

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM
Had a great time out there! Thanks for the BBQ on Saturday Damian, had a good time hanging out and talking diesels. Good pics of the trucks at the house too. Tell your parents thanks for letting us take over their yard (and driveway).

My folks don't know jack about diesels but they had fun too. Next year ill send em out of town and well REALLY take over haha. Was great to meet you. Your truck is well modded I should have gotten pics under your hood. I guess we found the humble one of the bunch. Tell your buddy John Sara from Dmaxforum to come race with us next year :)

Lol, Brian asked me like 3 times the night of for the video. Again the next morning and called me as we were getting home to ask for it again. I almost wanted to tell him I accidentally deleted it already... hahaha

He just wants to watch himself on YouTube while prancing around in whitey tighties listening to Kesha.:roflmao: JK BRI Bri:hug:

DangerDog

Jul 11, 2010
Mesa AZ
Thanks! I try to be moddest, in the end I'm just another small twinned truck running tires way to big to be racing on lol.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
He just wants to watch himself on YouTube while prancing around in whitey tighties listening to Kesha.:roflmao: JK BRI Bri:hug:

Sad part is your probably not far off. I'm pretty sure he told me like 10 times about how he loved that damn go pro video.

Next time I'm bringing swim trunks, that water looked way too inviting lol

Thanks! I try to be moddest, in the end I'm just another small twinned truck running tires way to big to be racing on lol.

It's always the quite ones you gotta worry about ;) lol. Well till the truck starts whistling like a mo fo

DangerDog

Jul 11, 2010
Mesa AZ
Sad part is your probably not far off. I'm pretty sure he told me like 10 times about how he loved that damn go pro video.

Yeah I agree, he probably made himself a large cosmopolitan and watched it all night after i sent him the link lol.

It's always the quite ones you gotta worry about ;) lol. Well till the truck starts whistling like a mo fo

Speaking of, how'd it sound when I passed you guys getting off the freeway that night? Lol

DBUSHLB7

Team DMAX
Mar 9, 2012
Albuquerque, NM

Next time I'm bringing swim trunks, that water looked way too inviting lol

Funny you say that....my folks were like "how come your friends aren't swimming" lmao. I forgot to tell everyone to bring pool gear to be honest.
And also.... I didn't know if 20 guys swimming together was a little gay or not lol.

ZackChavez

Dec 30, 2012
New Mexico
Here's a few more pics from yesterday...I will do my best to get videos up here today or tomorrow.

null_zps0228418f.jpg

Nice pics Damian!! Thanks for everything at the BBQ bro! Thanks Sean for working hard to keep the Tuff Truck Challenge going!

Wow looking at the 'join date', apparently I've been a member here for awhile ha ha!

-Zack