2008 2500hd won't crank

mrhurle

Jan 3, 2016
Hey guys looking for some help. I have a 2008 2500hd with 55000 miles. I went away for 3 weeks and when I came home my truck would not crank over. I jumped out the starter and the engine will turn over. I just can't get power to the starter so it will crank. Any ideas on what to look for?

I'm new to this site not sure if this is the proper place to post this.

Thanks

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Try jumping the starter to make sure it's good?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2007LMMDuramax

Jan 4, 2016
I am having the exact same problem with my 2007.5 LMM..
I just got home from Florida yesterday and now the truck won't crank..It has been sitting for a week aswell

I noticed that the __ on the dash that indicates what gear your in is missing..
"PRND1"
I am thinking that it is the NSUB "Neutral saftey switch...or the Ignition switch..
I can't figure this out.. this is driving me crazy....

Are you missing the _ on the dash???

2007LMMDuramax

Jan 4, 2016
I just got done messing with my truck.. the problem with my truck is the main wiring harness that goes into the fuse box. When I jiggle the harness the light on the dash lights up under PRNDM1 and the truck starts right up.. However my glow plug light came back on along with the check engine light and remained on while the truck was running so I shut the truck off..to find that on the second attempt I got nothing and the dash under the PRNDM1 was gone.
I had my girlfriend sit in the truck while I jiggled the wires and the dash sign reappeared under the PRNDM1 and the truck started again.. but with the glow plug and check engine light both illuminated and not going off... It looks like I'm going to have to mess with it again tomorrow morning... here is a pic of the harness I am talking about. It looks to me as if something is loose under the fuse box causing the no crank problem with our trucks...

Last edited:

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I just got done messing with my truck.. the problem with my truck is the main wiring harness that goes into the fuse box. When I jiggle the harness the light on the dash lights up under PRNDM1 and the truck starts right up.. However my glow plug light came back on along with the check engine light and remained on while the truck was running so I shut the truck off..to find that on the second attempt I got nothing and the dash under the PRNDM1 was gone.
I had my girlfriend sit in the truck while I jiggled the wires and the dash sign reappeared under the PRNDM1 and the truck started again.. but with the glow plug and check engine light both illuminated and not going off... It looks like I'm going to have to mess with it again tomorrow morning... here is a pic of the harness I am talking about. It looks to me as if something is loose under the fuse box causing the no crank problem with our trucks...

Sometimes little critters get into the fuse panel and wreck havoc. I hope it's not the case for you. I have also seen 1 warp and cause similar issues...

2007LMMDuramax

Jan 4, 2016
How can I take the fuse box out to check it out.. Once the fuse box cover is off,I see there are two gray handles that pop up and are attached to the fuse panel.. can I just pop the handles up and pop the fuse box out? Or do I need to disconnect all the harnesses attached to the fuse box first?

2007LMMDuramax

Jan 4, 2016
As it turned out it was the main wiring harness on top of the engine. The white harness on the top center of the engine, not the black... cleaned it up and everything is back to normal!