2007 LMM over heating

james.queen.16

Mar 14, 2015
After I did my egr delete I had a cracked uppipe gasket at the manifold, sounded like a high pitch screech, new gasket fixed it. Another easy one to check out; I though my turbo had STB too...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pine

Oct 15, 2015
Jones County, MS
Find a new mechanic. This aint a FORD, you don't have to pull the cab to get to the turbo. As to your funny sound, what kit did you use to delete the EGR? A few peopel have had the EGR tube crack from delete kits that don't support the up pipe very well and it allows the bellows to expand and crack making a funny turbo/exhaust sound.

I definitely am, this guy is more of a Ford mechanic. I only used him because Im Workin out of town, I'm in Little Rock. He did call me yesterday though informing me that the sound was my egr delete, that he installed. He told me that he got a different gasket and sealed it off better, eliminating the sound.

Pine

Oct 15, 2015
Jones County, MS
I really appreciate y'alls input. The egr delete did away with my grid heater, How will this affect my cold cranking?? I work Pipeline and I seem to always be up north in the winter... Also, has anyone had issues with their Hood latch sensor saying that the hood is open?? Mine ain't Workin so I can't use my remote start.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I really appreciate y'alls input. The egr delete did away with my grid heater, How will this affect my cold cranking?? I work Pipeline and I seem to always be up north in the winter... Also, has anyone had issues with their Hood latch sensor saying that the hood is open?? Mine ain't Workin so I can't use my remote start.

It will start just fine. The sensor needs to be cleaned up, mine used to do it all the time untill I took it off and cleaned it with bake cleaner and lubed it with crc656...

Pine

Oct 15, 2015
Jones County, MS
Alright thank you, now all I have left to fix is my hood latch sensor and a few other sensors, I'm tryin to get my check engine light off. It's been a long expensive, losing battle so far.