2006 LBZ 6spd - time to upgrade again

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Hey Mike,

You installed a new converter, shift kit and transmission brace in my 25000 HD about 4 years ago. I must say, it has worked quite well despite the fact that I have thrown a little more at it than you told me to.

Anyway, I think it is about time to get another upgrade. I would eventually like to get an aftermarket turbo (not looking to go crazy, but would like to be able to run my PPE programer in the 3rd level without smoke). Last time you did us a big favor by meeting me and a buddy on a Saturday to do our transmissions (unfortunately, you didn't have full kits out yet for the 6 speed, so I had you do what you could at the time). What do you think I need now, and how long do you think it will it take?

Thanks,

Scott

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Hey Mike,

You installed a new converter, shift kit and transmission brace in my 25000 HD about 4 years ago. I must say, it has worked quite well despite the fact that I have thrown a little more at it than you told me to.

Anyway, I think it is about time to get another upgrade. I would eventually like to get an aftermarket turbo (not looking to go crazy, but would like to be able to run my PPE programer in the 3rd level without smoke). Last time you did us a big favor by meeting me and a buddy on a Saturday to do our transmissions (unfortunately, you didn't have full kits out yet for the 6 speed, so I had you do what you could at the time). What do you think I need now, and how long do you think it will it take?

Thanks,

Scott

Call me.

smarquis

Triple Turbo LBZ
Jul 15, 2010
Las Vegas, Nevada.
Hard to even consider using anyone else. Mike told me to "take it easy" and get one of the modest programmers and run an easy tune. So I went out and bought the highest HP one I could find at the time (Xcelerator), got an intake and exhaust, PPE Boost Controller, and have run the truck pretty hard ever since. I have only had transmission problems on a couple of occassions, and that was because I was putting out too much power before the transmission was warmed up. Needless to say, I've been very impressed.