2006 Chevy CC/SB 4X4, 3" R.C.SUS LIFT. CV AXLE ?

06LBZCrew4x4

Aug 12, 2017
Florida
Hello,
I am new to the forum and new to diesel's. I have a 2006 Chevy CC/SB, LBZ, 4x4, with 3" Rough Country Suspension lift, Upper Control arms, Keys, and Block's in the rear with N20 Shocks. Before I put the lift on the passenger side CV Axle boot busted and the outer tie-rod was bad. After installing the lift, I had the CV Axle and the outer tie-rod replaced. I haven't driven the truck much since and I haven't used 4wd once, I haven't been off road once. The CV Axle boot busted again. It's the boot closest to the diff. this time last time it was the outer boot. With a 3" lift and 285/75/R18 Toyo Open Country M/T's and 18" High-Country wheels does anyone know why the CV Axle boot would have busted already? I shouldn't need a Diff Drop with a 3" lift? I don't know if they even make a Diff. drop for it. I know when I picked it up after getting the lift and front end aligned it drove perfect, like it was stock. When they guy installed the new CV Axle and outer tie-rod the front end rides rough now. I was going to get a Rough Country steering stabilizer, a new CV Axle and get the front end aligned again. I am new to this and was just wondering if anyone else has had problems like this?
If I posted in the wrong section I'm sorry and please move to the right place. I have some more questions also. Truck is stock besides the 3" lift, wheels and tires. I took the air intake resonator off and put a metal cap with 2 O-rings on, I got a MBRP 4" exhaust that would go from the downpipe back that I haven't installed yet because I was going to get a 3" MBRP downpipe and do all the exhaust at the same time. I want to do an EGR Delete/cooler delete and I want an Edge CTS2 Insight, Evolution, ETC.. with a DSP5 switch on the fly knob, but I'm not sure if I can just get an Edge turner without having to get EFI LIVE and have the DSP5 knob with 5 tunes or not?
Thank You for any and all the help.

ZeroGravity58

Mar 23, 2008
Maryland
That lift does not drop down the front diff. Your CV angles are completely screwed if you have it cranked up with the keys. You need to spend the $$$ and do a complete 4" lift that drops the front diff so your CV angles are better. If not you will keep busting CV boots. Post a picture of the CV axles

06LBZCrew4x4

Aug 12, 2017
Florida
It's raining here right now so as soon as I can get a picture I will. What 4" lift would you recommend? The 3" lift I have right now is Upper Control arm's and I'm sure Keys. What lift comes with the Front diff drop? The CV Axles are at a pretty good angle right now. It's not to bad that it should have busted a boot already espically seeing I haven't put it in 4wd, been off road, maybe put 1000 miles on it since lift. Thanks

Blackmax123

Aug 2, 2014
central Pennsylvania
Any true 4" lift will drop the diff. Leveling/lifting keys should have never been made in my opinion. They make the truck looks better and they're cheap, but ride horrible and are really hard on front end parts. I will never again put leveling keys in any of my trucks.

As for your tuning question. Just get efilive with a dsp switch. If somone is close to you and can flash your tunes or live tune it go that route. If not you can buy an autocal with pre loaded tunes and then just buy a cts2 to run for guages.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Just driving the truck with bad CV angles will trash parts. You don't need to use 4wd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

06LBZCrew4x4

Aug 12, 2017
Florida
Just driving the truck with bad CV angles will trash parts. You don't need to use 4wd.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you don't mind me asking you why will it trash parts? I'm learning, my Uncle owned this truck since he ordered it in 06 and he services and takes care of his equipment, so the truck looks brand-new still. CV's are defiantly at an angle but he just had that CV Axle replaced 2-3 months ago when I bought the truck, and that was because he said before he sold-traded me it he had everything serviced and replaced anything that looked like it was going out. We actually negotiated those wheels,tires in the deal & He special ordered a HighCountry 2016 so this truck wasn't being driven much, he just bought the tires for his highcountry and said he didn't like them the 2006 2500 has the same wheels so he took em off his highcountry & on the 06 they would rub at the sliest movement. So he had the lift put on for me so I couldn't really say much. If it has upper control arms, torsion keys can I buy the diff lift for this lift or I have to get everything? Thanks. sorry for all the questions, new to diesel's.. had a lot of lowered, fast(NOS) & jacked up trucks just my first diesel Big Big truck