2004 lb7 help!!!!!!

Nightmare LB7

Jan 10, 2016
I have a 2004 Chevy ecsb lb7. Has 4 in exhaust, boost increase valve, air intake heater delete, S&B intake, and no programmer or tunes. I bought the truck almost a year ago. When I bought it it had high balance rates and a slight injector knock... I tried the GM upper engine cleaner trick to see if that would help until I had money for injectors. Well -- it didn't help and ever since I cleaned the injectors it will start and run fine on cold start but when it gets up to temp and you shut it off and start back up it will not rev past 1500rpm (warm/ hot start) -- it shakes and seems like it is missing. If you loosen the bleeder screw the give it a couple pumps a little bit of air comes out and it will be okay until you shut it off.
Over the past year, trying to chase this problem down, I have replaced the INJECTORS, ALL INJECTOR LINES, ALL THE RUBBER LINES ON THE ENGINE, CP3, FUEL FILTER HEAD, METAL LINES FROM TANK TO ENGINE, and added an Air Dog 150. No visual fuel leaks anywhere and no fuel in oil.
I'm lost and frustrated, any help would be appreciated. Thanks

jojo

Dec 12, 2013
Southern California
While on the injector service, did you pull the injector sleeves and re-install them to spec? Also, in the process of all the service that you have done to your truck, were these symptoms occurring in between every service you described?

Nightmare LB7

Jan 10, 2016
I didn't touch the injector cups when I replaced the injectors. The problem has been the same through all the repairs.

swiftb

Feb 8, 2011
FYI......I have a 2002 LB7 GMC Sierra and had a similar issue and had to replace the fuel filter head. Had a hairline crack in it and acted like your description. I don't know for sure for you, but, just my two cents. Maybe you got a bad one.

Good luck with your issue

Last edited: