20 years ago

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Did anyone notice that good lookin guy in the new Hot Rod mag? Well not good lookin but 75 lbs lighter! My my how time goes by.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
It's the new issue. It's about the fastest street cars at memphis is 1992. Boy I wish I could go back in time.

Dont we all, my friend....dont we all.

What were you driving back then? I may actually have to buy an issue. Would be the first one in about 22 years. Last article I remember reading was the low-buck Cutlass they built.

Stingpuller

The Pusher Man
Jan 11, 2007
central Ohio
Hot Rod

It shows me with 9 others getting a top 10 jacket in memphis in 1992. I was racing a purple nova back then. You can see it in the background racing a white corvette. It was pretty cool meeting a great bunch of guys from around the country. Back then Hot Rod mag put out a invite to anyone who thought they had a fast street car to come to a race they put on in Memphis. It was mostly street racing guys from around the US. It's just some good times and fun from back in the day. You can google the original articale from hot rod in 1992.

Operator1

Nov 20, 2009
NC
If I had read my school books half as much as I did the fastest street car articles in the '90s I could've been smart!

THEREDDEVIL

A Bad seed
Jul 28, 2010
Godfrey, il
I was 12 back then and remember getting my first car which was a 63 impala and some of those guys were my inspiration to keep hot rodding. Moran has built some wicked cars. My neighbor had a nova just like the purple u had Jeff. Same color and all. Not that fast though. 8's and 9's back then was stupid fast.