#2 cyl 0 psi @ 130,000,.....need a miracle

Oneofakindkustomz

Apr 4, 2016
We bought this truck to transport vehicles,....we bought what we believe to be the best,...a certified pre owned 2013 dually Denali,....have only had possession of truck for 6 months and every one of those months we were broke down for re occurring problems, putting us further under water....now this problem,...a injector went bad and took out a piston. Gm refuses to help and the same goes for the dealership. We are now bankrupt because of this truck with all its issues. Essentially we have a 60,000$ paperweight. We are currently stuck in South Dakota when we live in New Jersey,....I need help and or ideas,....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 95

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Not to be a dick or anything but what exactly are you asking?

Obviously you have an internal engine issue.. Pull it out, fix it or stick a new one in..

If you need a ride home check u-ship

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
Did the certified pre-owned bring any kind of a warranty? If not, you might be screwed, unfortunately. The main powertrain warranty goes out at 100k, and the LML is known for occasionally grenading fuel system parts, and it sounds like you drew the short straw there.

If you can swing it, dropping a new GM motor into it should come with a warranty. The other thing you could look into is if your car insurance covers this under the comprehensive coverage. I heard tales of people getting their LB7 injectors replaced on the insurance companies' dime back in the day. If they will cover that, you'll be back on the road at least, though your rates will go through the roof.

I'm not sure we can really do anything for you here. If you are extremely lucky, someone might be able to give you a ride home if they happen to be heading that way, but like clrussell said, you're probably better off checking sites dedicated to that kind of thing. :(

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Welcome to the site

Tony

Really Tony? Do you even pay attention when you're posting your "welcome spam"? Geezus.

O/p. Best bet is to get on car-part.com and start searching replacement short blocks. Also get in contact with the shop the previous reply mentioned.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Really Tony? Do you even pay attention when you're posting your "welcome spam"? Geezus.

O/p. Best bet is to get on car-part.com and start searching replacement short blocks. Also get in contact with the shop the previous reply mentioned.

Lol, thought the same thing.

Sucks to hear OP, like mentioned find a short block or look online for a hauling business to ship the truck home, call your insurance and see what they can do, will get you going but you'll be paying for it for a couple years.

dmaxfireman

'Can do' kind of guy
Apr 8, 2007
CT
Pull the motor, get a ball hone, pray the cylinder wall isn't too scored up. Throw a piston in it, reassemble and get back on the road.