1st Place at the Buck

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
but in the pull off's he got beat by atleast 1 truck with a stock charger and a stock tranny. maybe all that beat him was stock I dont know. I would pull against him and all others again and not protest. I had a blast even tho you dont win by pulling distance. that is one thing that I would like to see change but im sure it will stay the same.

Exactly, just putting a modded turbo on doesnt make the trucks unbeatable- and you will never hear me protest a truck, im not going to try to win by crying!
I hope to see you pull there again- your truck is definitely a strong contender, you just were in a tough heat. -Steven

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
I am gonna drop down and pull street class. My charger is a modded OEM charger off of a John Deere engine. :spit:

I will say this, the sled/tech crew made the mod class no fun to watch. Instead of using a faster gear in the sled, they added weight, which is cool, but on a track that sticky I knew it was gonna be carnage central right away. You guys saw how many trucks broke, or bounced and had to let out of it. It was a combination of the fact that the sled was weighted up, and they do not drag or roll the first 100' of the track made for a rough start. I was disappointed with my run because I had to let out, but it really became boring to watch when truck after truck breaks and they take 5-6 minutes to limp off the track due to driveshafts slinging under neath. Some people love the carnage but nobody wants to see a show like that. Tack on the cold windy weather and the stands were damn near empty by the finals. I hope the next one in June is a lot better.

UPnGONe

Jul 23, 2008
The shore
ur right about just throwing the cheetah turbo doesnt gurentee a win but what is does do is draw alot of unwanted attention to the guys running them, they may still pass 2.5 tech but if the tech knows anything which they do, they know what a cheetah turbo sounds like its not hard to figure it out guys, im not going to protest anybodys truck. But if you spent the money on it why run with us, ppl have talked for years about dodges winning the mod class why not bump up and run were you should. i know if i had the money to spend on a turbo n worrying about blowing the truck up with it, id be running in the mod class. nobody has said any names in this thread but some how everybody knows who we are talking about.

kjp800

-
Aug 6, 2008
New Jersey
Congrats to those of you that won...

After reading about the duramaxes being in in top I'm even more upset I couldn't make it, haven't pulled since June of last year but I do miss it. Looking forward to the next one, depending how work goes this month I may even be in the mod class;)

soot04max

Jul 14, 2008
Montgomery, Pa.
Congrats to those of you that won...

After reading about the duramaxes being in in top I'm even more upset I couldn't make it, haven't pulled since June of last year but I do miss it. Looking forward to the next one, depending how work goes this month I may even be in the mod class;)

I hope to see ya there. I will go back and try it again. win or lose it is still fun to see..

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
ur right about just throwing the cheetah turbo doesnt gurentee a win but what is does do is draw alot of unwanted attention to the guys running them, they may still pass 2.5 tech but if the tech knows anything which they do, they know what a cheetah turbo sounds like its not hard to figure it out guys, im not going to protest anybodys truck. But if you spent the money on it why run with us, ppl have talked for years about dodges winning the mod class why not bump up and run were you should. i know if i had the money to spend on a turbo n worrying about blowing the truck up with it, id be running in the mod class. nobody has said any names in this thread but some how everybody knows who we are talking about.

x2 atleast someone agrees with me, its almost like some ppl dont mind if others cheat.

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
How many of you guys add weight in the cabs? Dont say you dont because i have seen it- It clearly says that its not allowed, so that would be cheating! How many run their suspension stops a little closer than 1''? Still cheating. Its just that they are using a modded turbo that you dont have- so now people want to call 'CHEATER'. I dont care what others do- a modded stock turbo doesnt do that much- I will continue to pull and hope that i bring enough to each event. See yas all there next time i hope-Steven

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
How many of you guys add weight in the cabs? Dont say you dont because i have seen it- It clearly says that its not allowed, so that would be cheating! How many run their suspension stops a little closer than 1''? Still cheating. Its just that they are using a modded turbo that you dont have- so now people want to call 'CHEATER'. I dont care what others do- a modded stock turbo doesnt do that much- I will continue to pull and hope that i bring enough to each event. See yas all there next time i hope-Steven

ive never done either so yea :thumb: unless having my bowling ball in my back seat counts :spit:

Last edited:

soot04max

Jul 14, 2008
Montgomery, Pa.
ive never done either so yea :thumb: unless having my bowling ball in my back seat counts :spit:

ha ha,

what we should recommend at the drivers meeting is all trucks that are in the pull offs go off the end of the track and hit the scales for a weight check (in cab also) and for a suspension stop check and hitch heigth.

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
Oh, its not just the trucks in the pull offs- just watch closely, very few trucks have weight in the beds, but are all right at weight?
Its just funny how people cry about something that they dont have to bend the rules, but other aspects of the rules are alright for them to bend.
I say just shut up, buckle down, and come ready to compete!

Curtis, you are saying that you follow the rules 100% and dont bend anything? Come on, i was giving you more credit on being creative than that!

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
Oh, its not just the trucks in the pull offs- just watch closely, very few trucks have weight in the beds, but are all right at weight?
Its just funny how people cry about something that they dont have to bend the rules, but other aspects of the rules are alright for them to bend.
I say just shut up, buckle down, and come ready to compete!

Curtis, you are saying that you follow the rules 100% and dont bend anything? Come on, i was giving you more credit on being creative than that!

i didnt say i wasnt creative but ur talking about things that ppl thought up a long time ago, but throwing a couple 100lb suitcase weights under the back seat of ur truck is way diff then running a turbo that ppl have ran in the 11s with and dynoed over 650hp with in the stock class.

soot04max

Jul 14, 2008
Montgomery, Pa.
thats funny you say that about trucks with no weight in the bed. because I did look into 1 truck as I was standing by the loader at the end of the track and he had nothing in his truck box. but I was thinking that not everyone has weight to add to there truck so it didnt ring a bell.

oh well, I do know the next time I go I will be 500lbs heavier to be at the max weight. I took all the suitcase weights I had but now I will be getting more.

getblown5.9

Aug 16, 2008
Turbocharger must be in original location and must be O.E.M. turbo for the engine/truck as intended by the manufacturer. No aftermarket turbo's, no ball bearing turbo's, no mounting plate adapters or plumbing changes for high output turbo's will be allowed in this class. Turbocharger inlet size will be checked at the tech official’s discretion. Inlet opening may not be larger than 2.50". Turbocharger inlet hose must be removed for measuring by tech official at any time requested or vehicle will be disqualified. Twin turbochargers are permitted if they are O.E.M. for that year, make and model truck.

Some places say stock appearing, the Buck does not. It says OEM, which means the way it came from the factory.

Its all good tho, its easy to tell who has them, its plain as day when you leave the line. But as I said already, its gotta sting like a b*tch when ou are cheating and still cant win. Makes it all more rewarding to those that are following the rules. I applaud them guys for being able to make their trucks run so well without needing a cheetah.

You say they don't help that much, but yet they sell them all the time at $2500+ and can make over 700hp vs about 550hp max for a stock charger. They do make a big difference, but there are too many other factors that go into pulling. It still all boils down to the fact that some people will spend $2500 to cheat and TRY to gain an edge. Fleece claims they've gotten up over 730hp out of the cheetah with some new tuning. Thats more power than I make, and you are arguing that its fair to run in a stock class?

I can't wait til the guys who built their motors and stepped up to big chargers get done and are ready to pull. I give those guys props for stepping up and having a pair of cajones to run with the trucks they should be. I look forward to the competition.

For the record, there are ways to think outside the box and make your truck run, and there is straight up cheating. Some people don't know the difference.

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
Nobody has ran 11s with a modded turbo without dual fuelers and big injectors- and i havent seen dyno numbers for a modded turbo and single cp3 touch 600?
It dont really matter one way or another- like you said you dont follow the rules completely either, and whether they were doing it a couple years ago or not- Modded turbos just came around, so i gues in a couple of years people will be saying the same thing.
Just saying- Steven

cuminstrkmydmax

Sep 10, 2008
North East MD
thats funny you say that about trucks with no weight in the bed. because I did look into 1 truck as I was standing by the loader at the end of the track and he had nothing in his truck box. but I was thinking that not everyone has weight to add to there truck so it didnt ring a bell.

oh well, I do know the next time I go I will be 500lbs heavier to be at the max weight. I took all the suitcase weights I had but now I will be getting more.

Im not going to sit here and say that i dont add weight other places than the bed- but im also not complaining about others that push the limits other ways. -Steven

MD-Dmax

Jan 6, 2010
i didnt say i wasnt creative but ur talking about things that ppl thought up a long time ago, but throwing a couple 100lb suitcase weights under the back seat of ur truck is way diff then running a turbo that ppl have ran in the 11s with and dynoed over 650hp with in the stock class.

the trucks that have ran in the 11s with modded chargers had dual cp3s which would kick u out of the stock class do some research first before you go rambling on about stuff you are not aware of. i had a cheetah on my truck and i did a best of 12.23@111 and was south of the 600 hp mark there are other trucks running 12.40's and 12.50's on stock chargers so should they run in stock class? drag racing is totally different then sled pulling in a big way but your to set on crying about ppls trucks if u have your truck setup the right way for pulling you will win. but yours isn't and u lost go cry somewhere else. sorry for derailing your thread brian

soot04max

Jul 14, 2008
Montgomery, Pa.
Nobody has ran 11s with a modded turbo without dual fuelers and big injectors- and i havent seen dyno numbers for a modded turbo and single cp3 touch 600?
It dont really matter one way or another- like you said you dont follow the rules completely either, and whether they were doing it a couple years ago or not- Modded turbos just came around, so i gues in a couple of years people will be saying the same thing.
Just saying- Steven

Steven, I am not getting in the middle of whatever you have going on here but there have been several trucks with stock chargers and a single cp3 get into the 11's

maddogg101920

I break stuff
Mar 2, 2007
CECIL COUNTY, MD
the trucks that have ran in the 11s with modded chargers had dual cp3s which would kick u out of the stock class do some research first before you go rambling on about stuff you are not aware of. i had a cheetah on my truck and i did a best of 12.23@111 and was south of the 600 hp mark there are other trucks running 12.40's and 12.50's on stock chargers so should they run in stock class? drag racing is totally different then sled pulling in a big way but your to set on crying about ppls trucks if u have your truck setup the right way for pulling you will win. but yours isn't and u lost go cry somewhere else. sorry for derailing your thread brian

lol ive done my research, apparently u havent tho.