1977 vs. 2010

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
Born in early 83, so just about 27, on the 30th:eek: I remember watching some of those shows lol. I remember gettin a brand new cassette player! I remember the Challenger explosion, watched it live! I remember old cartoons, Grape Ape, Huckleberry hound, etc, they played that stuff when i was young too. I find myself downloading music from before i was born which is odd. I look at things past and see early 80's race cars and cloths, haircuts.....Good lord..... I know some of you fellas would still call me a youngster but i feel my age everyday too!

A rolling stone may gather no moss, but it surely aquires arthritis, back problems, and poor circulation......and other things of that nature:rofl:

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
Was also born in 77:baby:... Memories: Fat Albert, Mr. Rogers, Romper Room, Record player with two speeds & the Chipmunk's X-mas record playing twice as fast, HUGE Black and white Tv with rabbit ears & two dials (no remote), surround sound consisted of two 5' tall towers, with a single high, mid, & low in each.

I bet some of you "OLD FARTS" can top that pretty easy

Last edited:

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
I was walking down the hallway at Rockwell International, the prime contractor for the shuttle, when they announced it. That place was like walking through a morgue the rest of the day. You'd think people would be talking about, but everyone looked like they had the wind kicked out of them. All of us had worked on it, there were pictures everywhere; most of us had pictures of it on our rollaways. We were all very proud of the Shuttle program, and we considered Rockwell as the killer elite of the aerospace industry. At the time, there was no thought whatsoever that one of them would ever crash. There were grown men with tears in their eyes. "Unbelievable" is used alot, but in this case we waited to wake up from a bad dream, or hear the announcement over the PA that the report was wrong. It never came... :(

Last edited:

TeaBagger2006

Im a Garrett Nut Swinger
May 11, 2008
Bis ND
whats the average age of a duramax owner.....well what i meant is we should have a poll to see what age group most duramax owners fall into. i mostly see old(senior status) people driving these trucks but on the forums there is lots of younger people. just a thought

CancerPipe

Aug 8, 2007
Chattanooga, TN
In 77 I was -7. I turn 26 this friday. Yay me. I have watched all those shows and agree that robin williams is better with coke than without. However in 77 my dad was running 8's in the 1/8th ina 64 beetle. Lol that was my first car.

Lb7KID

ZoomZoom
Jan 24, 2010
parker,colo
i was born in 88 all the guys at work always talk about all the old tv shows. my dad still has his first ted nudget 8 track in the basement :spit:

mytmousemalibu

Cut your ride, sissy!
Apr 12, 2008
Kansas
8-tracks :rofl: Uh we got a few of them! One of the guys i work with has an old stereo for the shop, has an 8-track player too. it came with a 8-track w/ mix of classic old country, we fire that up somdays, makes me feel like drivin to the bar for a brew:rofl:

We have 3-4 crates full of vinyl here too. I remember listening to some of those too:spit:

JD Dave

In way over my head
May 19, 2008
Caledon, Ontario
I was 4 in 77. I remember playing pong and thinking it was the best thing ever. I also remember wanting a Vic 20 and then A comodore 64, I never got one though. I remember a show called Falcon Crest, I think that was the name and it competed against Dynasty and Dallas. I will never forget the Space Shuttle or 911. You guys remember Hammy the Hamster? I let my kids watch it on You Tube they think it's really funny.

Rikter

Grumpy, old, farty, funny
Jan 14, 2010
Calgary
You feel old?

Phhtt! Please. I graduated high school in 1977. And I remember where I was & what I was doing when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon. Black & white Philco Ford TV was on the whole time, never turned it off.

05' Ditry Duramax

May 3, 2008
Port Orchard Washington
I was born in 82'. When I joined the ARMY I would hear the older guys telling stories about the first gulf war. I would tell them I was only 10 when that was going on:rofl: Alot of the guys had been in the ARMY longer than I'd been alive.

What makes me feel like time is flying by is when I see the sign's at gas station and any other place that sell's tobacco. "you can't purchase any tobacco products if born before 19XX". That makes me feel like i'm getting old:(