18" wheel and tire fitment

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
I had a set of 17" take offs but when I got there they were the crome steel and not the aluminum. Well now I am looking at a set of 18" KMC's with a LT285/60/18. I like the stock ride of my truck and would rather trim than raise the front end. I think the rims are -12mm offset. Can anyone advise if these would fit without too many problems? Also if anyone has a pics of the same size wheel on their profile that would be great. Thanks in advance.

d-max joe

Feb 6, 2009
baltimore,md
i have 20's with 305, the worse i had to do was trim the bumper a little...the tire measured to be 33 in. and that worked. but ever sense i got the truck i been haveing streering problems from the big wheels ad would suggest that you go with cognito braces and tie rods. if you need any more info let m kno. i almost forgot i do have the bigger keys to raise it up with out maxing the originals, there only 220 installed tho, that was with shock extenders and everything

Last edited:

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
I appreciate your help. I am looking at the nitto's and I think they have a 31.5 and a 32.5 height 285/65. I have to order my tires and rims becuase I refuse to pay double the price of internet dealers. So if they arrive I have to be somewhat sure they will at least fit without having to crank the bars. If I can get a them to fit without cranking the bars I would like to get some shackles to level out the back instead.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
I ran +18 XD Hoss with 285/65 and had to crank and trim the front valance and fender liners.

If you stick with +18 on the badlands and 285/60, you might be ok with trimming and no cranking, but every truck is a little different.

I went local because they price match internet offers - might want to ask around to see if someone near you does that.

Good luck - always wanted a set of badlands, especially in black chrome now that I have a black truck.

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
I am not sure of the differences in the 2008 and older classic body like mine. I think Tinman22 said he is running +12's on his without to much done as far as mods. Not sure if +18 would be too much or not.

Pondsy

Jan 4, 2008
Plymouth, MA
the +18 was on my 06 LLY classic body style - haven't tried to mount them on the NBS yet. Need to get rid of the snow and salt first.

+18 would fit better than +12

Either way - you'll get em to fit.:cool2:

Good luck

BigLar368

Feb 14, 2009
Southeast TX
Thanks guys for all the responses. I'll put all this good info to use when I make my pick. I'll try an get some picks when I decide. Thanks again.