LB7: 11B_Dmax project? thread nahh just a log to keep track of what i did

MaxSmoke

FNG for life
Jan 25, 2012
Brighton Co
Good luck on your down pipe!!!! They are a pain the the A$$. If i would have just pulled the passenger side up pipe to start it would have took a few hours less. But it has a really pissed off sound after and love it:D:D

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
well my injectors came in today! finally. cant do them this weekend cause i have a sgts cart to fix..... ( not happy bout that)

but hey its block leave and im only working half days so i guess thats when ill do them!

anyone near el paso wanna give a hand? i can supply the needed beverages.

step dad sent a handful of teh tools i needed from my tolbox back home. man do i miss wrenching fulltime sometimes....

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
so im gonna lift the truck and all and i know what wheels im getting. i just cant figure out no matter how much googling i do what offset i need for my wheels. I found a heck of a deal on the wheels i want with 0 offset and they come mounted and balanced with 35x12.5 tires. would this work on a 4" lift? i know id have to do some trimming. i already trimmed a little to fit the 33s on it now with stock height. or should i just go with the original and get the 33x12.5 on 4.5" or 5" BS of the wheels.

any input would be greatly appreciated. im kinding thinking the 33s so i could have more roo for flex when the truck has to go offroad or when hauling

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
Started in the injectors today! Got the passenger side done. Just gotta finish putting thebwires and fuel lines back together. I got a 12 hr shift tomorrow so no luck with finishing it. But half day on the 23rd and then I'm off till the 27th gonna finish it then.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
so im gonna lift the truck and all and i know what wheels im getting. i just cant figure out no matter how much googling i do what offset i need for my wheels. I found a heck of a deal on the wheels i want with 0 offset and they come mounted and balanced with 35x12.5 tires. would this work on a 4" lift? i know id have to do some trimming. i already trimmed a little to fit the 33s on it now with stock height. or should i just go with the original and get the 33x12.5 on 4.5" or 5" BS of the wheels.

any input would be greatly appreciated. im kinding thinking the 33s so i could have more roo for flex when the truck has to go offroad or when hauling

What kind of a lift? If its a actual 4" lift kit (Not just cranking bars) Most kits recommend 4.5 B/S to avoid the wheels hitting the aftermarket spindles. On my 05 I ran 35-12.5-18's and on my 2012 35-12.5-20's with a 4" lift. I trimmed on both and have more then enough room for full suspension travel. Imo 33"s look to small on a 4" lift..

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
What kind of a lift? If its a actual 4" lift kit (Not just cranking bars) Most kits recommend 4.5 B/S to avoid the wheels hitting the aftermarket spindles. On my 05 I ran 35-12.5-18's and on my 2012 35-12.5-20's with a 4" lift. I trimmed on both and have more then enough room for full suspension travel. Imo 33"s look to small on a 4" lift..
It's a legit 4" lift. I guess with trimming I'll gladly do 35s they look better that's for sure. Thanks for the input that's exactly what I was looking for!

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
Is there any thing to say about hih carbon build up on the injector tips. I'm not saying like eh its a little black. I'm talking like its flaking off and just looks bad. And then a couple I pulled on the same bank were very clean tips.

The reason I'm replacing them is that I had heavy haze at idle and I was adding fuel to the crank case. Had balance rates all over the charts. -2. -8. -5. Yea the fuel knock sound was insane after warmed up

cstephens93

Oct 13, 2014
Tallahassee, FL
Thank you for the support!

I've heard it gives the truck a whole new life too. My buddy did his and said his turbo just acted way different.

Do you have any tips on the xcase? I literally just broke 100000 miles yesterday. I've heard about the kit. Just never have it much thought.

And cleanliness is top priority. Was back when I was changing heads and injectors on cats and Cummins. So no exception on this truck.

I did injectors on my old 7.3 a few times ( long story not my fault)

What exactly are the symptoms for pump rub that you looked out for?

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
What exactly are the symptoms for pump rub that you looked out for?
There really isn't much of symptoms for pump rub from what I read. Just over time they rub thru the xcase and well then you lose the fluid and burn up the xcase if not caught in time.

Only way to see wear is either its a hole or you open it to see and if you do that. You might as well be fixing it

jlawles2

Jan 28, 2010
Danbury, TX
Symptoms for pump rub:

Dry transfer case... When mine rubbed the hole in it, it lost all of the fluid in under 10,000 miles.

11B_DMax

Oct 5, 2015
Fort Bliss
so went out and played in the snow that hit the southwest today had about 12 inches total

got this today too from my buddy who went to efi live

i need to get the expanable egt probe for it

Smallblockfuelie

May 19, 2016
Should just need a fuel line release tool.

Let me rephrase my question. What's the easiest way to actually get to the hateful thing.

My fuel level hasn't read correctly in years. I'm thinking about tilting the bed or just remove the tank and replacing the fuel sender at the same time. I was just curious what is the easiest way to gain easy access that line.

Thanks.

Awenta

Sep 28, 2014
CT
Let me rephrase my question. What's the easiest way to actually get to the hateful thing.

My fuel level hasn't read correctly in years. I'm thinking about tilting the bed or just remove the tank and replacing the fuel sender at the same time. I was just curious what is the easiest way to gain easy access that line.

Thanks.
Take the bed off

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Smallblockfuelie

May 19, 2016
Take the bed off

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Pulled the bed and replaced the fuel sending unit at the same time. It wasn't a bad job removing or reinstalling the bed with three people to pick it up and move it. Having the bed off made it a lot easier to power wash everything too