$$$101,878$$$

Hot COCOAL

May the farce be with you
Jun 9, 2012
$101,878

Is how much it would cost to build new from bowling green kentucky, the Z06 corvette that i would want:D
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Maybe a built engine aint so bad

MACKIN

Smell My Finger...
Aug 14, 2006
Connecticut
You'll get a higher return or resale value on the Vette . The motor build you might as well ride down the road and throw dead presidents out the window and Ben of course!

Coco Puff just man up and IF you can financially do a motor build (waste of money) and you arent jeopardizing and family obligations tell your wife you don't want to be know as CoCo Puff Team VAGINA #1 member on Duramax Diesels!

Remember one thing you only go around ONCE , 2nd place is first loser,so whats it gonna be Team Vagina #1 member? Pull your skirt up show your wife you have grown a set ! :dontknow:

You've talked about this enough so shit or get off the pot!

Kspen90

<<<got turbos?
Jul 14, 2011
Burleson, Tx
You'll get a higher return or resale value on the Vette . The motor build you might as well ride down the road and throw dead presidents out the window and Ben of course!

Coco Puff just man up and IF you can financially do a motor build (waste of money) and you arent jeopardizing and family obligations tell your wife you don't want to be know as CoCo Puff Team VAGINA #1 member on Duramax Diesels!

Remember one thing you only go around ONCE , 2nd place is first loser,so whats it gonna be Team Vagina #1 member? Pull your skirt up show your wife you have grown a set ! :dontknow:

X2!!!! And 100k?!?! That's ZR1 money or lambo or Ferrari..... Is definitely buy a 2 year old car before I paid that for a Z06. Hell vipers are cheaper than that new, and you could damn sure pick up a used ACR cheaper.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
put 10k into a junkyard 4.8 LS engine and wax that vette you want.
i have been thinking about it....the 4.8,5.3 and 6.0 all use the same block and crank, pistons too , to the best of my knowledge the only differance is the rods and heads, and can all be had super cheap, l92 heads and a fast lsx intake and some 36lb injectors with even a small turbo would rip, and yep, be about 10g:hug:

So does this mean your going to keep moding the truck
most likely, now a set af modded injectors doesn't seem so bad:roflmao:

Id build a kit car!
yeah, i have loved the look of the factory five ford coupe retro rods....

im constipated :eek::rofl:
:hello:

Last edited:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
Hey Mack, i wanna race your duramax, so i guess im callin you out buddy:D

whats the next event you plan on going to???

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
It is amazing how often things change. And how often you end up sayin exactly.what many of us said to u weeks ago. And im also curious how do u know u have a 600+hp dmax? U run it at the track and confirm this? Just pokin fun, wanna here the scoop.

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
i ran it on dynomite diesels dyno after i put the efi live tune on, before i built the trans, it had the trans go jr but the converter was slippin bad(loose i guess you would call it) this was before i was a member here, before i knew the importance of the dyno sheet, or needed to prove it, the truck hit 568whp and 1013lbs tq, since then i have added a stroker pump, 4094vgt and a built trans

you got me, i am applying some ricer math and assuming my truck is a 600 hp truck right now, since that time i have not seen another dyno, nor will i go back to dynomite, they are damn fools, flame suit on, i know alot of guys swear by their tips, but i live right next door to them, and the local lore is not good about their work....

chevyburnout1

Fixing it till it breaks
Aug 25, 2008
Berthoud, CO
i have been thinking about it....the 4.8,5.3 and 6.0 all use the same block and crank, pistons too , to the best of my knowledge the only differance is the rods and heads,

4.8/5.3 use the same block but are different than the 6.0/6.2. And rods and heads don't change the displacement of an engine. Just FYI for you coco.

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Seen ya post a few places about some events. If you go take a few vids. Wanna see some footage of the built/modifed truck doin work.

And on a side note, thought u found a c5 for 22k?

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
i did, and it was a decent car

but greed and need being the way they are, after driving a moded c6 i changed my tune, then after talking to a saleman about me and what i am looking to fulfill from the car he said not to buy anything other than the newest c6 Z06 i could get my hand on...

then i had him put together a build package of the Z06 i would buy new, if i was Bill Gates, or the guy that created facebook or something, i had him do this just so i had a value in my mind to compare to when i was searching for a used c6Z

i have found a few i like in the 46K range with low miles, but after seeing the '13' vette, which has some subtle differant styling cues for the 60th anneversary year, in the color midnight race blue metalic, i cant imagine having it another way....greed turns into need, see, now i feel like i need it that way to be satisfied:drool:
:doh:
well, it was a nice thought:roflmao:

so for now idk what i am doing, but buying a 100k corvette ain't it:baby:

Hot COCOAL

Jun 9, 2012
i have to admit, the build options were not all car

two of them totaled over 10k

they were:
the engine build experience for 5,800

this is where you fly in, everythig is taken care of, then you go onto the build floor and hand assemble your engine with a tech, right there in the factory, they make a specialized plate and you sign it

then the other option was the museum delivery for 4,500
again a cerimonious event, you will never see the attention to detail at a dealership level, that the museum will put into that car, it will be perfect, i threw that on there cuz if i did build one new, this is the only way to go, especially on a 60th year collector car

so really, the car itself is closer to 90k:angel::rolleyes:, the build was a Z06 in 3LZ trim with a carbon hood, cfz carbon package, leather hand stiched interior(if you dont order that you will get vynil:eek:) the Z07 performance package and the lightweight 19" cup wheels, the base Z06 is 75k

whatever, that is still insane

arneson

Aug 14, 2011
stoughton, wisconsin
Yep insane in deed. There are a few in the 05-07s i found for high 30s to low 40s. Those had 20-30k. I did find an 07 z06 for 35k. Had 43k miles . Anything in that body style id be happy with. Throw a turbo or twins on it, 8-900hp and would be unreal. Would take much to get it there either. Really nice lookin car. Motor build isnt looking so far out now is it.

motoking_1990

May 9, 2011
Terre Haute, IN
The ls9 is a badass motor regardless but I still wouldn't pay that kind of money. I could buy a lot of other things that would make me happier for that much. IMO