$10,000. BatmoChallenge Nov 17th, 2012 at Danville!

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
Doesnt seem like a fair or well-thought out test to me if you can change parameters of the tune (among other things) between runs. Both wheels need to be run on the same tunes, same everything. Thats the only way to rule out that something else "helped" the numbers.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
IMO Mark is one of the most qualified techs to run a dyno. Hes not just some Joe Blow that bought a mobile dyno to make a quick buck, if your truck has power he knows how to find it! :thumb:

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
Doesnt seem like a fair or well-thought out test to me if you can change parameters of the tune (among other things) between runs. Both wheels need to be run on the same tunes, same everything. Thats the only way to rule out that something else "helped" the numbers.

I agree on this point Tom, was not my idea and like I said needs to stay the same so ONLY difference is the wheel! Their thought was that if a truck is under fueled then you would only see a 20hp gain instead of a 80-100hp increase, I said 20hp is an increase regardless.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I agree on this point Tom, was not my idea and like I said needs to stay the same so ONLY difference is the wheel! Their thought was that if a truck is under fueled then you would only see a 20hp gain instead of a 80-100hp increase, I said 20hp is an increase regardless.

If I were you Mark, I would quickly find some reason to postpone/beg out of this test until Bullseye tightens up its "rules" to make it a fair, scientific test all around. Your shop is going to get bunched in with Bullseye with all the bad press that this rigged test is going to generate. I actually agree with everything Mr Cole has been saying on Comp and DP about how this test is being staged.

Gmclbz

Jul 8, 2008
www.upstatedieselperformance.com
If I were you Mark, I would quickly find some reason to postpone/beg out of this test until Bullseye tightens up its "rules" to make it a fair, scientific test all around. Your shop is going to get bunched in with Bullseye with all the bad press that this rigged test is going to generate. I actually agree with everything Mr Cole has been saying on Comp and DP about how this test is being staged.

:thumb:

Slammed2007Lbz

Super Spicy Tunaz
Feb 1, 2009
NE Ohio
Wonderful event but what are we trying to accomplish here:confused: If a regular BW charger makes more power than a batmo wheeled charger that gets to add more fuel? Doesnt seem like a good comparison.

JMK777

16's, but i keep em clean
Mar 20, 2008
Moss Beach
so how was this supposed to work? you bring your truck, run it, swap to a batmo charger and then see what makes more power?

MarkBroviak

DMax Junkie
Vendor/Sponsor
May 25, 2008
Danville Indiana
so how was this supposed to work? you bring your truck, run it, swap to a batmo charger and then see what makes more power?

Pretty much, Borg says that "their" billet 80 flows more than the batmo80. We said prove it in the real world on real trucks back to back. I have personally never had truck make more power on a straight billet vs. it's Batmo counterpart so was too worried about it.