1,2 and 3,4 shifts limping trans

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
All just started yesterday 1,2 shift flairs hard then bangs into gear like no other same thing with 3,4 shift eventually putting the trans in limp wondering if this had happens to anyone before I'm thinking it's in the valve body maybe B solenoid. Is hanging up it's a ats stg 5 with co-pilot does it with the co-pilot on or of got about 40,000 ml on trans

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
I have a v2 I kept clearing them last night at the track changing the cals trying to figure out what the truck is doing now I'm trying to get the history of the code to see what they where again

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
Finally got around to check the code p0776 pressure control B going to pull pan and see if I have a bad solenoid or sick valve or if the filter fell off that's what the gm bulletin is for that code the only thing I can't check is the line pressure

Mike L.

Got Sheep?
Staff member
Vendor/Sponsor
Aug 12, 2006
Fullerton CA
Finally got around to check the code p0776 pressure control B going to pull pan and see if I have a bad solenoid or sick valve or if the filter fell off that's what the gm bulletin is for that code the only thing I can't check is the line pressure

Your clutches are toast. Peel your filter open and you will find clutch material in it. Your C3 clutches will be warped and burned.

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
Pulled the pan last night and found that a bolt had fallen out of the valve body and it was the bolt that passes through the main filter port according to my Allison book

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
In my Allison hand book there was a diagram for the bolts on the valve body the that was out was bolt 15 that said main filter suction I do believe

unionmax481

hot rodder
Aug 8, 2014
lebanon in
The diagram I have in an Allison hand book shows all the bolt in the valve body and had a description for all the bolts that have a purpose the one for my bolt was number 15 and said main filter suction I think don't hold me to when I get home tonight I'll post a picture of it so you could probably understand me better not very good at explaining things in writing