picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

SmokeShow

Nov 30, 2006
Lawrenceburg, KY
what I can see, it looks nice! Post some bigger pics if you can.

I love trophy hunting as much as the next guy but I really wish I could at least find a place to go harvest a doe or two or maybe even a cull buck for someone. Just want some good venison back in the freezer. :(

C-ya

jraymer

<--Tree Hugger
Oct 31, 2008
Las Vegas, NV
Damn nice pics. I flew up to northern MN for a week and all I saw were does and fauns. The weather wasn't great, too warm and no snow. Also I guess there was a TB outbreak up there last year and the DNR were shooting a lot of deer trying to get rid of the problem. Only shots I took were of Jack and tequila, good times. :D

dmaxadermist

Nov 11, 2009
hey man i can see that u must be from around gamaliel or t ville in ky,, im from glasgow now i gess i know where to go huntin at we also do taxidermy braggstaxidermy is the name u may have heard of us but anyway i just thot that was kinda neat

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
hey man i can see that u must be from around gamaliel or t ville in ky,, im from glasgow now i gess i know where to go huntin at we also do taxidermy braggstaxidermy is the name u may have heard of us but anyway i just thot that was kinda neat

Yeah I live in small place called Bugtussle just 8 miles south of Gamaliel but when we kill a buck that is the meeting place to see what everbody got and listen to the storys

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Have bow will travel :D

Definately some nice buck!

Thats true, but we're heading in that direction :thumb:

You can bow hunt if you wanna but Kentucky is the only state that i know of that any hunter can purchase a license over the counter and hunt the rut with a center fire rifle we have some nice deer but we are to close to TN get more were Kentucky Missouri and Illinois all meet and your in big buck heaven as far as hunting in KY

squeeky

EAT BEEF!!
Feb 11, 2009
Grand Rivers, KY
You can bow hunt if you wanna but Kentucky is the only state that i know of that any hunter can purchase a license over the counter and hunt the rut with a center fire rifle we have some nice deer but we are to close to TN get more were Kentucky Missouri and Illinois all meet and your in big buck heaven as far as hunting in KY

Yea we got some nice ones down in our neck of the woods.

wes06dmax

Feb 23, 2009
South Central Kentucky
Congrats Wes...lots of character on that buck!

Was that the non-typical you were chasing earlier in the year?

Yeah thats him I found alot of scare tissue were the arrow hit him in the neck I found the broadhead in his left shoulder and my nephew hit him in the front leg nothing major just barly shaved it the local game warden said the buck was 8 1/2 years old judging by the wear on his teeth

Whitetail Addict

Rockin' the stock tune
May 8, 2008
South Central Pennsylvania
Yeah thats him I found alot of scare tissue were the arrow hit him in the neck I found the broadhead in his left shoulder and my nephew hit him in the front leg nothing major just barly shaved it the local game warden said the buck was 8 1/2 years old judging by the wear on his teeth

Wear...probably wasn't much tooth left. I could tell he was old, but would have never guessed 8.5yrs...dang thats old.

Long hunt, but it makes good story.

Noreaster

Jun 13, 2007
Cape Cod,MA
Ive been bow hunting the last couple days out on a town beach, 7 mile long barrier beach, is only open every other year. Probably 50-60 deer running around out there, only 12 guys hunting it(if you hunt archery season out there you can't hunt black powder). Ive seen alot of does, been a few small bucks taken & saw 2 big boys this afternoon.
We lined up for the last hour of day light & all walked back towards the trucks.
I jumped a doe before I stepped in the woods, walked a few miles with not seeing anything. Came out to a clearing, just going along slow when I see some movement. I dropped down to a knee to, see a buck walking parallel with me at 30 yards, Im pretty much downwind of him. Old buck with grayish hair with a really wide 8 point rack. He didn't know I was there or was paying to much attention to some hot doe that probably ran by earlier. I pull back to shoot & something didn't feel right. I didn't know but the adjustment on the cam loosened up & picked up a couple of extra inches on the draw, the broadhead hit the sight & arrow unnocked. I tried pulling it back 3/4 of the way but it did it again. Then a nice 10 pointer was following right behind him, I never knew he was there till he winded me & off he went.
If I didn't have bad luck Id have none at all. The other guys guys kept saying atleast you saw them. Ya great.
So I have to miss the morning to get the bow looked at, hopefully get it fixed & make it out for some of the last day. I don't want to mess with it since I know jack about bow mechanics & don't want to screw it up any further.