08 LMM EGR Delete?

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I have a friend I am trying to help out so all replies would be greatly appreciated. He has an 08 lmm and he wants to do EGR delete. He is using Quadzilla Stealth 2 For his DPF delete but they didnt have a update for EGR delete to clear the codes.. Any suggestions I have been researching alot and cant seem to get any further.. Thank you for any help.

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
Are you sure the stealth 2 doesn't delete the egr codes? I thought it did. I know it tries to command the egr closed so I thought it also deleted any codes.

http://www.quadzillapower.com/products/index.cfm/p/Stealth-2-USB-Updates-LMM
After looking at this is looks like it is egr delete capable for the 09-10 but not the 07.5-08? Not sure why it would be available on one but not the other so you might try contacting them to make sure that's correct. As far as EFILive is concerned the 08-10 operating systems are the same so the 09-10 update might work on the 08 with the stealth.

Houser04lly

Feb 27, 2011
Fort Myers, Fl
I will check that out it wouldnt hurt to just block the egr though even though it might command the egr closed it still may pop open... thanks for the input

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
When I first bought my truck it had the stealth 2 and didn't have a blocker plate in and I could hear and feel it pop the egr open every now and then. Putting a blocker plate in definitely helped the drivability and kept it from pushing open but I still didn't like how laggy the truck felt that's why I eventually went to EFILive.

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
The most I ever had done when I had the stealth 2 was the egr blocked and dpf deleted but I never had any codes for either. I completely deleted the egr after I got EFILive.

One thing to try is to unplug any connectors going to the egr and see if it throws any codes...if it doesn't an egr delete shouldnt cause any problems since it is essentially the same thing(as far as electronics are concerned anyways). It should throw codes for the grid heater if you delete it with the egr delete though since the stealth doesn't delete those codes.

mcrae08lmm

Feb 18, 2012
cape coral fl
I will def give that a try I heard its 50/50 of it will throw a code or not. Only had this truck a couple months . My first diesel, gift a lot to learn. Thanks for the help:thumb:

08txlmm

Mar 28, 2010
Lubbock
Mine is my first diesel also. I don't know much compared to most of the guys on this site but everything I learned, I learned from here. Stick around here for awhile and you'll learn plenty.