07.5 lmm dash rattle need help

Jan 28, 2015
Ohio
I have a 07.5 lmm ltz package and have a rattle/ vibration in the dash. Worse when cold and always at idle. I have taken the metal plate off the knee bolster. Seems like it's behind the speedo. I have removal everything from the dash and tried felt in various places with no luck. Taken everything off the dash besides the ip itself. Any help would be appreciated!

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I have seen them have a vibrating rattle where the top of the dash meets the windshield. Used some adhesive backed Velcro and stuck the soft side to the dash.

WVRigrat05

Wound for sound
Jan 1, 2011
French Creek, West Virginia
Mine has done it since new. It got worse when I lowered the idle and cold weather came. Mine has one where the dash meets the defrost plate, one around the radio and one around the passenger wood grain. Drives me bat shit crazy. Yours might be the instrument cluster, mine rattled once and I beat the snot out of it. When the weather breaks I'm gonna tear it apart and put something to silence it.

NAFLASH

Aug 22, 2010
My dash will rattle when it's cold at an idle. I've punched it a few times but it always comes back. I'm just glad it's not cracked...yet.

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
If it makes you all feel better when I did the AF cam on the new built motor, even with merchant mounts and a poly trans mount, my dash doesn't rattle anymore.

NC-smokinlmm

<<<Future tuna killer
May 29, 2011
At Da Beach
I sprayed some graphite behind my dash where it rattled and squeaked about once a year and it fixed mine along with a few vicious beatings...