05 build!

66lilly

Jun 7, 2014
Colorado
What recon lights are those? The smoked LED version? I'm looking at getting some and like the look of yours. I'm pretty much copying your truck by the way. Its getting lowered with DJM shackles this week hopefully.

They are recon tail lights but I don't think they're the smoked version, I'm not seeing the ones I bought on their website (although their website is a mess). I think the smoked ones you can see through just barely and mine are completely blacked out.

Your truck is looking great man! Keep me updated on everything you do as well

JBabb

Sep 21, 2014
I am having a really hard time finding tail lights that I like. I want a version of lights kind of like what you have, very dark, almost black, so I can keep the white and black theme going. I am now wondering if yours are the dark red smoked version instead of just the smoked version. I have found a few versions that aren't recon but I don't know about their quality. I have heard Recon is the best.

http://www.xtremediesel.com/spyder-5001764-smoked-led-tail-lights.aspx

JBabb

Sep 21, 2014
Finally got the duramax lowered last weekend. Love the way in looks and rides now. I had to do a good bit of trimming on the bumper cover and of course trimmed the pinch weld on the cab corners. It clears everything now except of for the windshield washer tank. I am thinking of trying to take a heat gun to it and push the bottom of it in a little bit. Or maybe someone sells one that is smaller? That would be great. Also, this thing needed spacers in the back before, but now, it really needs spacers in the back. Any suggestions on which ones?

picture.php

picture.php

66lilly

Jun 7, 2014
Colorado
Finally got the duramax lowered last weekend. Love the way in looks and rides now. I had to do a good bit of trimming on the bumper cover and of course trimmed the pinch weld on the cab corners. It clears everything now except of for the windshield washer tank. I am thinking of trying to take a heat gun to it and push the bottom of it in a little bit. Or maybe someone sells one that is smaller? That would be great. Also, this thing needed spacers in the back before, but now, it really needs spacers in the back. Any suggestions on which ones?

picture.php

picture.php

Looks great man! Lowered is the way to be. Honestly, I ordered a set of 2" spacers on Amazon... I know that gets hate from some people but if you keep them properly torqued you should never have any problems