LB7: 04 lb7 Fan runs 100% of the time

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
I've searched through tons of threads on this issue and I cant seem to find the same exact problem as me. My 04 northeast emissions lb7 fan runs all the time from the second I turn the key to when I shut it off, it doesn't matter how cold it is. I've read about cleaning the cooling fins but I've pressure washed them not long ago. I'm thinking maybe the fan relay is bad? I spun the fan by hand and it spun pretty freely so I kind of counted out the fan clutch. I also have a small knock coming from the A/C compressor which I don't know if that has any effect on the fan. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
What fan relay? There isn't one. It is a bi metal spring activated thermal fan clutch. So unless when you pressure washed the radiators you flattened out all the fins, your fan clutch is done. This isn't uncommon in older fan clutches, hence why it is reccomended to replace them every 5 years.

chrisdefo26

Nov 16, 2014
I did not know that they didn't have a relay... I definitely didn't flatten out the fins so I guess i'll look into the fan clutch. Thanks:thumb: