01-10 steering box redhead ,PSC ,OEM

JSimmsy

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
My delivery got delayed, but I got the new Cardone box swapped out with my previous Bluetop box today.

Arrived from RA just as should be. 6 bolt. Everything bolted right into place. Just did a quick trip down the road, but seems like a significant change in the reaction and smoothness of the steering. I also added a inline filter and went with Amsoil PS fluid. Flushed the system with what I had left of some Prestone PS fluid first, then did a flush with the Amsoil.

Two notes. It seemed the pitman arm got "snug" on the shaft quicker than previous boxes. Also seems that there's a slight height difference from where the pitman rests compared to before. But I can't be certain. I'll get an alignment done and that should tell the story if my toe in/out is off.

Reactions: DAVe3283

JSimmsy

Mar 31, 2019
Ohio
So I finally got the truck aligned and all is well. My slight concerns are for not. In fact, my alignment was exactly where it was last time it was at the shop.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Text from Minhworx a few minutes ago. Box is going to be finished today. He is also doing some custom valving as well. I’m pretty excited to see how it turns out!

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
Apparently he can revalve the internals to change steering effort.

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
I had him do something a little more mild than what he usually does for James’ guys that are leveled on 35’s. So it will be easier to turn in a parking lot or in 4wd or aired down, but not overassisted.

Attachments

• IMG_7032.jpeg
    IMG_7032.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 22
Reactions: 1FastBrick

N2BRK

Dec 31, 2009
That’s the pic he sent. He’s mailing it tomorrow. Then I mail back mine as a core. Yeah, it did take longer than expected, lol.

Great Grandfather changed our last name when he came to the USA. He spelled it the way it sounds. No one usually gets it right, HAHA.

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
That’s the pic he sent. He’s mailing it tomorrow. Then I mail back mine as a core. Yeah, it did take longer than expected, lol.

Great Grandfather changed our last name when he came to the USA. He spelled it the way it sounds. No one usually gets it right, HAHA.
I think he was originally from the Buffalo area before moving to the West Coast.

Reactions: N2BRK