LB7: ZF6 clutch replacement cherry popped

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
So today i popped my cherry on the ZF6 clutch replacement. Everything went very smooth and as the instructions said. I didn't think it was that bad, my head builder (Ernie) here at SunCoast helped out. Upon start up we pumped the shit out of the clutch petal for what seemed like FOREVER, eventually it started to build the pressure and goes in and out of EVERY gear easily except 1st and reverse. i pumped it for about 2.5 hours and still nothing.. Any insight/help info would be greatly appreciated.
i took out a completely smoked ceramic dual disk south bend and replaced with a organic dual disk Valair.. truck is a 03

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Yes keep pumping I just started driving mine and it got better I pumped mine fast and very slow also that seemed to help.

bturner

Apr 28, 2013
Illinois
1st and reverse always suck. Just keep driving and shifting. It will get better. It will take a while though.

x MadMAX DIESEL

<<<< No Horsepower
Dec 30, 2008
Lexington, Ky
Mity vac, and thread tape your bleeder valve. Mine is a bitch to get in and outta reverse and I expect since I only pull with it it will be like that for a long ass time. Mity vac is the ticket to bleeding anything I work on anymore

dieselpro55

Puller
Dec 16, 2008
Get a new master cylinder..there is company making an all metal one..I can't think of it of hand..yeah a good one will prime better use the hose and bottle method off the bleeder

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselpro55

Puller
Dec 16, 2008
Keep the pilot bearing in mind..you should have stayed with south bend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03badmaxxx

Ghost Element
Mar 1, 2012
Mesa,AZ
www.facebook.com
It's definitely getting much better. Thing sat over night and i went out and it went right into first and reverse, then back to being a pain in the ass. I drove it and pumped the shit out of it and it's getting much better