zf6 clutch pedal feel

lb7duramax

Mar 7, 2010
swapped trans to manual this weekend and installed south bend dual disk clutch. the clutch feels way lighter then any other dd dodge Ive ever been in just wondering if that is normal for these trucks to have a light pedal and it seems like the floor is stopping it from going thru full travel...

any ideas
?

Xternal

Aug 31, 2012
Drive it for awhile it should get better. My sbdd was weird at first but got better over time. Just pump the crap out of it. It's a self bleeding system but takes a while to work out

zfdmax44

Aug 15, 2013
Seven Hills, Ohio
If you figure out a way to get it bled nice, please share. I just put a DD in also and my pedal sure sucks and I have pumped and pumped and pumped and pumped

bturner

Apr 28, 2013
Illinois
Yup. Just keep drivin it. It will get better. But you could just not use your clutch every time you shift. I always speed shift mine. But I don't do any stoplight driving

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
There is a bleeder on the master cylinder for the clutch on my 06. its just kind of hidden. it points right at the fender and is under the brace from the fender to the cowl.

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
mine was pretty bad for a couple weeks, then it was good for about a year and half, now its back to being bad again and ive got a new clutch on the way lol

Mikesmithdmax

Jul 11, 2014
I had the same problem with my dd,
Pedal was stiff as hell and felt as if it wasn't getting full travel. It finally broke off, I fabricated a full steel pedal assembly, and made the push rod adjustable. Also made it a 6.75:1 ratio instead of the factory 6:1! I love it, it's the way they should have been from the beginning!!