Where to find crossmember?

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
My ZF6 crossmember is bent to all hell and i need a new one as it just irritates me knowing it's not how its supposed to be.

Anyone have an inside line on one or if anyone can/does make a tubular xmember for them?

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
your talking the one that has the 2 bolts on each side of the frame and has the 2 bolts that go straight up into the trans or transfer case? i cant remember which one. i just picked up a truck the other day that is a burn victim, didnt know it had a zf6 till i got it home, but i can look and see if the crossmember is still good or not

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
An hour north of champaign, couldn't tell you if they are the same or not.

Would be the one bolted to the frame (visible if you look at the frame while standing next to the truck) that supports the mid/tail section. Believe it has 2 bolts going up, but not going to verify currently with all of the slush on the ground at the moment.

jmaz268

Lead from the Front
May 20, 2010
Springfield IL
I'm over by Springfield....so not too far ....ill sell ya mine and prob meet you half way if it is the same.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

dirty_max

Jan 27, 2013
eureka il
i meant him, if hes an hour north of champaign hes pretty close to me i think, but im also geographically challenged, i get lost in the grocery store :roflmao:

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
I'm in Gilman, don't need this asap as it still holds fine, but when the weather gets a little nicer in a week or two i could come pick it up probably.

custom8726

Feb 25, 2008
Upstate N.Y
After the original poster gets his I would be interested in buying one if someone has a extra one laying around P.M. me. Thanks...

s3gulit

Teh Farmer
Dec 6, 2008
Illinois
Jmaz, i'll send you a text this week, definitely want it if its straight.

When i bought my 03 it already had a bent xmember. Im sure driving through ditches working out in the fields doesn't help any either lol.