What do you think of this deal?

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I plan on building my own AR at some point, but haven't educated myself on them yet. Seen this deal down the road from and it sounds to be well worth it. Might not be what I would build myself, but sounds like a nice AR none the less. What says the gun gurus on here?
Thanks

MODEL:SR-556 Takedown TYPE:Rifle ACTION:Semi-Auto FINISH:Matte Black STOCK/FRAME:Collapsible / Folding Stock STOCK/GRIPS:6 Position Adjustable SPC FEATURE:Threaded Barrel Model WEIGHT:7.1 lbs. CALIBER/GAUGE:223 Rem | 5.56 NATO CAPACITY:30+1 # OF MAGS:3 MAGAZINE DESC:30 rd. MagPul PMag BARREL:16.1" OVERALL LENGTH:32.75"-36" RATE-OF-TWIST:1-in-8" SIGHTS:Folding Iron

A Timney AR-15 Competition trigger has been installed cost of this trigger is around $250.00

Along with EoTech Red Dot- Combining the speed of a HALO gun sight with a wide field of view, adjustable reticle intensity, and rugged construction, the EOTech M512 has a lot to offer hunters who want to sight in on trophy game faster. The M512 is built to withstand the toughest hunting conditions with its waterproof design (submersible to 10') and hard coat non-reflective black finish. Thanks to its wide field of view and multiple intensity settings for the reticle, the M512 helps the hunter sight in faster, no matter the hunting conditions.The sight mounts to a standard Picatinny rail and is repeatable to 1 MOA after re-mounting. And don't worry about the M512 running out of batteries in the woods. The sight will run for 1,000 continuous hours on lithium batteries or 600 hours on standard AA batteries. Dimensions: 5''L x 1.8''W x 2.25''H. Weight: 11.5 oz.
Ruger Flash Hider GUN CASE:Includes Carry Case & Lock

Ammo list as follows 3000 rounds of 62 GRAIN M855 green tip, 1000 rounds of WOLF 55 grain HP 1000 WOLF 55 grain 1000 PMC X-TAC 62 Grain green tip 750 round of loose misc ammo most all in Ammo is in cans also included 14- 30 round clips 10- steel 4- poly and 1- 100 round steel also included 1- heavy duty carry bag and 12-clip shoulder bag. All for $3500.00 List for over $5,000.00 or Trade for equal value car or truck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Last edited:

DirtcheapLB7

Nov 7, 2016
that's not a bad deal at all. when I was looking to get my 556 takedown, theyre around 2k+ for just the basic setup. an eotech depending on which model around 350$+ plus to come with that much ammo and other minor upgrades and carrying cases 3k isn't bad. id still try to work them down a little. especially if the weapon is used.

J_Stone06

Wasn't me...🥴
Oct 13, 2012
Nowhere, KS
RockRiver arms has some pretty sick setups. I've been eyeing a new AR for a while, but being stationed in NY has put a damper on it. Check them out if you haven't already:thumb:
On edit. That is a good deal with ammo.

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
When it comes to specs what matters isn't even listed besides the twist rate.
I wouldn't buy a unicorn of a rifle as my first ar. The takedown is a gimmick if I've ever seen one just build another upper for 300bo...
Also not a fan of eotech see "thermal drift".
With the seller saying "clips" I'm sure the range bag is probably utg or similar.
"Clips" of the 30 round variety are cheap now. I think I just saw mags on sale for $6 per.
The ammo is the only thing that would have caught my attention.

Tldr buy, sell rifle and optic, keep ammo and build or buy what you want.:thumb:

frankenstien

May 25, 2015
Fairbanks,Alaska
sounds like a decent deal

If you build your own, you get EXACTLY what you want, you can buy ammo later. Im a big fan of building it yourself

Last edited:

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
Ya it being a Takedown was one thing that put me off, but I didn't know if it was just a gimic or not. I will probably pass unless I can beat him down on the price some. I got other things I should spend money on and I haven't been shooting in over a year, so it would sit in the safe.

Damn I had no idea mags where that cheap!

AJH

Sep 7, 2015
Memphis TN
Ya it being a Takedown was one thing that put me off, but I didn't know if it was just a gimic or not. I will probably pass unless I can beat him down on the price some. I got other things I should spend money on and I haven't been shooting in over a year, so it would sit in the safe.

Damn I had no idea mags where that cheap!

Ammo is coming down too. Saw some brass 223 for .29cent a round. If you're into pmags m2s can be found for $8-9. I wish optics would come down, but that's just wishful thinking.