Update Problems

MuddinDirty

May 4, 2008
South Louisiana
Dan, I have a PPE Hot+2 E.T. and want to update it to the newest firmware but when going through the update sequence trying to open the PPECup.exe file after running the CDM 2.02.04 file I am getting a "This application failed to start because ftd2xx.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem." and I can't get past that.

Am I missing something. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Dirty

MuddinDirty

May 4, 2008
South Louisiana
No, Not yet but I haven't tried either. I go to work offshore tomorrow for a couple of weeks so I'll try when I get back.

Thanks for the reply.

Just tried it again and the same thing in my first post is coming up, I'll call you when I get back.

Last edited:

MMLMM

Tunergeek
Mar 2, 2008
Reno, NV
www.dyncal.com
No, Not yet but I haven't tried either. I go to work offshore tomorrow for a couple of weeks so I'll try when I get back.

Thanks for the reply.
ftd2xx.dll
was this extracted and installed? Is it looking for this dll in the right place? I had the same problem long ago with an updat, and i was because it wasnt looking in the right place. IIRC the ftd2xx.dll is a usb driver.

MuddinDirty

May 4, 2008
South Louisiana
ftd2xx.dll
was this extracted and installed? Is it looking for this dll in the right place? I had the same problem long ago with an update, and i was because it wasnt looking in the right place. IIRC the ftd2xx.dll is a usb driver.

I honestly don't know. How would you give it the direction to look for it?