Tripple disc clutch

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Anybody have any experience Daily driving a triple disc. Im having the engine built and with the new setup im shooting for 8-900 hp. South bend suggested a tripple disc ceramic setup for this power. I have a dual disc ceramic with a sprung hub currently that i do everything with. The triple disc is not available with a sprung hub as there is not room. But im just curious how many guys if any have a triple disc and still haul trailer and use their truck as a truck. Any input is greatly appreciated.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Everyone I know has a double. The reg cab that has the manual trans record is a triple I believe. I don't know how much he drives it or anything.

hntngkd

Jun 24, 2013
Attica, Mi
Ive got a dual disc now with a 3400lb plate and it feels like stock. When i spoke with south bend he said they would probably go with a lighter plate load to make driving it easier. Im not real worried about pedal pressure though im more worried about taking of with a trailer.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Ive got a dual disc now with a 3400lb plate and it feels like stock. When i spoke with south bend he said they would probably go with a lighter plate load to make driving it easier. Im not real worried about pedal pressure though im more worried about taking of with a trailer.
Worst comes to worst they do have low for taking off. Other than that I'd say just try it out if u don't like it I'll buy it for half price:thumb:

graymond1212

Apr 29, 2013
Vermont
I would Look into the Valair Street Triple. Had a ceramic #3800 dual in last truck was awesome clutch, Friend has street tripple and DD it. These were both in a 6.7 cummins with the G56 though. Don't know what they do for the ZF6.

Last edited:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I would Look into the Valair Street Triple. Had a ceramic #3800 dual in last truck was awesome clutch, Friend has street tripple and DD it. These were both in a 6.7 cummins with the G80 though. Don't know what they do for the ZF6.

I know my zf lives the double discs, didn't slow it down at all

Lbz Joachim

Broke Spender
Oct 1, 2014
St. Clair, MI
I had a southbend triple disk in my 5.9 g56 derge. Clutch was great when towing something, but very heavy and grabby for daily use. It also was very noisy, as a heavy southbend always is. It was a 3850 triple disk.

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
I had a southbend triple disk in my 5.9 g56 derge. Clutch was great when towing something, but very heavy and grabby for daily use. It also was very noisy, as a heavy southbend always is. It was a 3850 triple disk.

Mines diaphragm style and weighted. 3400 static plate load, 4500 pound plate load at 5000 rpms I rev it to about 4200 and it's not to heavy there either

Lbz Joachim

Broke Spender
Oct 1, 2014
St. Clair, MI
Mine was 3850 plate load. I never sled pulled with it, I wanted to but I I sold the truck for a lot more than I bought it lol. G56 is a big difference from zf :)