Top 200 by 4th of July??? Who's game?

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
At our current rate we will be close. We should hit 210-215, can we hit #200 by July 4th? Im going to try to turn on another I7 2600 in the next week or so, who else is willing to try to make a push. I got everything that doesn't get shut down folding.

Poltergeist

Ghost in the Machine
Aug 1, 2006
Ontario, Calif.
www.poltergeist.us
I don't really have anything else to throw at it. Although I am planning on trying to cool my current video cards down on my main folding machine this weekend. If I can get them cooler without loosing any PPD I might add another card in the GTX 570/580 range.

DAVe3283

Heavy & Slow
Sep 3, 2009
Boise, ID, USA
I'll get my server back in the mix for a little bit next month. Now that summer is coming around (at least here in the desert), my power bill has been going up much quicker than I was hoping; so I'd pulled the plug on the folding. It's bad enough that the things suck down so much juice to fold, but the cooling bill wants in on it! :eek:

But late this month/early June I'll go all out for a couple weeks, see if I can help us toward 200th!

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
I just turned on my home server this week. Check out this PPD. I am just running in 2P 12-core stock clock on my 4P motherboard.

2m7xh61.jpg

Too bad it was just an error. It is doing -bigadv with a TPF of around 24:25. . . so not terribly bad.

zmuzk.jpg

I'll try to get it up in 4P on all 24 cores by the weekend if I can. Hopefully it will scale well. It's taking ~40 hours for a -bigadv WU at 2.4GHz. I would like to get closer to 24 hr/WU but server motherboard overclocking is touchy.

Kat

Wicked Witch of the West
Aug 2, 2006
Norco, CA
I will see if Pat can turn some back on. He has been slammed trying to get the new building ready for the move and hasn't had time to baby sit the computers.

jheyob

Jan 30, 2009
Okeana OH/West Lafayette IN
My i5 has been chugging away with little interruption since it's planting season and I'm never home. Once I move into the new apartment at the end of May I will have a couple of my cards folding again in an older pc, maybe another 8k ppd.

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Sorry guys, I'll be turning on machines in the next few weeks.
Target date for the move into the new shop is July 1, and I'm still struggling with infrastructure in the new building, compressed air, forklift crap, networking, plumbing, electrical.

Chevmeister

Big Dooley
Dec 3, 2010
Garnet Valley, Pa
What does the advmethods flag do? I have one gpu, and the i7 doing most of my points. The i7 it set -smp 8 -bigadv and the gt430 has no flags. Is there any changes to get it to make more points. Even my amd quad cores, ones running all4 cores the other only running 3 but it has the Gpu. Am I set up right? The i7 has a gt430 but I read that it will slow down the CPU to the point it will hurt the points.
Last I have a cheap ati radeon in my amd single core, can I run the Gpu client on that card? The machine only makes like 200ppd, but it's on anyway so I figured why not let it fold.

C.C.Reed

May 1, 2008
-advmethods will cancel out the -bigadv flag as they do not work together.

-advmethods
Request to be assigned work units from new projects, before they are broadly released to the rest of Folding@home. As among the first to try out new advanced simulations, you may wish to post any observations (positive or negative), questions, or issues at the user Forum.