Street Wars 6!

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
@ Richard Stockton college of new jersey...carshow to benefit breast cancer

no johnny tran wont be there....:rolleyes:

anyways its on for April 18th. I hope to see as many people there as possible. It's a great show for a great cause and has been tons of fun the last 2 years I went. So anyone within a reasonable distance don't be a wah wah and come out. Oh and did I mention they'll be tons of cute college chicks? + there should be some legit street action after the show :D

here's the official website

http://mystreetwar.com/

Last edited:

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
:rofl:

ill leave that as a probably:angel: i cant wait..i wanna go bac to exit 82 and smoke some fools that night at wawa...should have the trans and max effort tune by then

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Hey Beech are there mostly imports here or are is it a mix. My girl might want to bring her 350Z down. She really wants to bring it to a few shows this year...
Kris

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Hey Beech are there mostly imports here or are is it a mix. My girl might want to bring her 350Z down. She really wants to bring it to a few shows this year...
Kris

hey man..long time no talk:hug:

yea its mostly tuners but legit ones ya know evo's,sti's,MR2's stuff like that not some tools with hondas and fart cans lol. but last year there was a good handful of diesels along with some lifted gassers and stuff. nates 11 second stroker was there. its a really fun show overall

350Z should fit in perfectly:thumb:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
hey man..long time no talk:hug:

yea its mostly tuners but legit ones ya know evo's,sti's,MR2's stuff like that not some tools with hondas and fart cans lol. but last year there was a good handful of diesels along with some lifted gassers and stuff. nates 11 second stroker was there. its a really fun show overall

350Z should fit in perfectly:thumb:

Ive been lurking around on here :thumb:. I told the gf about it and shes all excited now so hopefully we will make the trip down i nher car. It would be cool to see a few diesels there showing the imports whats up to. I see its just about tranny time for you huh? I guess we will have to line em up on the track soon so you can see the tailights of an LB7 once your trans is built :D:thumb:
Kris

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Ive been lurking around on here :thumb:. I told the gf about it and shes all excited now so hopefully we will make the trip down i nher car. It would be cool to see a few diesels there showing the imports whats up to. I see its just about tranny time for you huh? I guess we will have to line em up on the track soon so you can see the tailights of an LB7 once your trans is built :D:thumb:
Kris

and so the smack talk begins:D

right now im just siked i rav a 13.7 the other night on my limpy stocker with no liftpump....im trying again this friday i think then ill prob ca it quits till shes built

let her drive her car and you come down in the injector eater;)

Last edited:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
and so the smack talk begins:D

right now im just siked i rav a 13.7 the other night on my limpy stocker with no liftpump....im trying again this friday i think then ill prob ca it quits till shes built

let her drive her car and you come down in the injector eater;)

Thats movin for a stock trans man:thumb: How much weight did you remove and what was your curb wieght?? Im thinking about putting mine on a crash diet before I make some more runs so Im curious. Yeah the smack talk can begin but only because you have Nick tuning your truck ;) You got me on the injector eater though!

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Thats movin for a stock trans man:thumb: How much weight did you remove and what was your curb wieght?? Im thinking about putting mine on a crash diet before I make some more runs so Im curious. Yeah the smack talk can begin but only because you have Nick tuning your truck ;) You got me on the injector eater though!

never got a chance to go to the scrapyard and weigh her...i removed the backseat, tailgate, one battery, spare,

nick might have a bad rap over here but he does a pretty good job. trust me:thumb:

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Hey beech, not to go off topic on ya but how do you like the caltracs? i was thinking about getting in on the group buy going on over here. I think i read you lowered your truck by removing some leafs wich I was going to do soon so spring clamps are out of the question, so how do they work for you?? Thanks buddy

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Hey beech, not to go off topic on ya but how do you like the caltracs? i was thinking about getting in on the group buy going on over here. I think i read you lowered your truck by removing some leafs wich I was going to do soon so spring clamps are out of the question, so how do they work for you?? Thanks buddy

so far i like em alot...only was at the track with them once and they weren't adjusted right and i didnt have any way to adjust it it at the track but it seems like they're helping...

i pulled some leafs but its been a bitch making everything work right...i had to send back for shorter bars and they're still not quite short enough and with the amount i lowered the back i changed the driveline angle and started getting an annoying hum at certain speeds so i gotta et some shims for that...and i need to get airbags so i can tow...

basically turned into a way bigger project then i expected but i still think its worth it...

duramax hd

Feb 27, 2009
CT
Damn it sounds like a project. What do you have to shim? Dont you have a one piece drive shaft? How low did you get it by pulling leafs? I was under the assumption that you can only get a few inches with the leafs? I might have to wait and see your setup at the track to make up my mind if the caltracs are worth it :thumb:. My other idea was to go with a spring pack from a 1500 so that way I can still clamp them in the front?

Redbowties88

Sideways > Straight ;)
Aug 24, 2009
609 New Jersey
Damn it sounds like a project. What do you have to shim? Dont you have a one piece drive shaft? How low did you get it by pulling leafs? I was under the assumption that you can only get a few inches with the leafs? I might have to wait and see your setup at the track to make up my mind if the caltracs are worth it :thumb:. My other idea was to go with a spring pack from a 1500 so that way I can still clamp them in the front?

the back of my truck dropped a good 4 inches at least...i have to put an angled shim between the axle and the leafs to correct the angle the shaft meets with the real axle on...basically need to rotate the axle a little.

if you wanted to leave the springs along but still drop it you can get 3 inch drop shackles for cheap then you can still clamp the springs. i just was just getting tires of the horrible ride with the clamps and was hoping i could drop my 60' a little at the same time