S480/3794 high EGT’s

Trimox

Aug 31, 2017
Let us not turn this thread into a political thread. He came here for knowledge and advice not your political opinion. Creeker God bless and THANK YOU.

Reactions: Creeker15

Creeker15

Ruining daily drivers
Aug 5, 2020
Hey guys I haven't been on here in a while, op tempo is pretty wild.

Might not get to do as much as I like with the truck right when I get back but I'll take care of my big ticket items first.

Looks like firstly I'll get the S480 rebuilt as an S488 and have a shop run through my converter and trans as I felt like the PPE tune might've hurt the converter and I should've known better then to drive on it, this is my first automatic vehicle so it's a learning curve.

Found out I'm having twin boys so that's exciting, and God willing I'll get to facetime the wife when they're delivered and once I'm home I'll get to meet my little boys. I think it's best I take care of the driveability of the truck and take it easy on her as I figure out how finances with my kids are going to be, as well as transitioning out the of the military which entails going to a school so I can begin in my new career field, figuring out am I going to buy a home or rent until the market is better etc etc

I know I need to replace my G80 as I hurt it, can't believe it lasted this long, but it drives fine, I only killed the locking gear and there's no scoring on the planetary or other gears.
So I guess the first orders of business will to replace the atmospheric and probably the valley charger, intercooler and have a fabricator fix the V band connection on the charge pipe between the S480 and 3794 because there is a slight gap and I imagine that could be a contributing factor since it doesn't sit exactly flush.

Gotta fly here in a few hours to a new place and hopefully will have connection there.

Still appreciate all the advice and help you guys have given me. It's helped me help my best friend back home a lot on his LBZ, almost everything I knew about these trucks prior to being on here was just me and him ripping apart our trucks chasing down little problems here and there and modding them figuring it out as we go.

Thanks fellas