Radio Issues

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
Every once in a while my radio won’t turn on or anything. I still have the chime from it and everything but the digital part doesn’t even light up. All I do is take fuse out and put it back in. I have tried different fuses to try and solve it but it does same thing. It happens like once every few weeks. I just pull fuse out and put it back in and it works perfect. What’s the deal?

MaxComp88B

Mar 30, 2022
It’s a brand new radio. I replaced stock radio with an aftermarket head unit. Install went good and haven’t had any issues with the radio other than that. I just thought it was weird. I doubt it’s the radio though. Could be but I highly doubt it. I am just trying to figure out. I mean it does have other small electrical issues like sometimes the gauge cluster will quit working like every few weeks but then it works fine after I turn truck off and back on. Idk what the problem is

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
It’s a brand new radio. I replaced stock radio with an aftermarket head unit. Install went good and haven’t had any issues with the radio other than that. I just thought it was weird. I doubt it’s the radio though. Could be but I highly doubt it. I am just trying to figure out. I mean it does have other small electrical issues like sometimes the gauge cluster will quit working like every few weeks but then it works fine after I turn truck off and back on. Idk what the problem is
when it doesnt turn on, you need to check for voltage and ground at the back of the radio where it goes in. if the wires all have power and ground, its the radio. if they dont, you need to see what the cause is. could be a BCM issue but again, verification needs to be done

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I've had weird issues like that when I had a battery going bad or a bad groundwire. I would definitely test it like chevy 1925 said first. It wouldnt surprise me to get a bad radio if you original was was working fine though.