Pulling distance

White Lighting

Jul 9, 2019
Just hooked 298. Bouncing towards the end still. Never bounced with the old shocks (stock shocks). I'm at wits end. Maybe take weight out of the bed

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Just hooked 298. Bouncing towards the end still. Never bounced with the old shocks (stock shocks). I'm at wits end. Maybe take weight out of the bed

These guys literally gave you a check list of things to do and you didn’t do any of them. Wtf were you expecting?

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
One thing I havent seen anyone ask about is the ladder bars you're running.

Length? Materials? Where/how mounted?

duramaxzak

Wanna be puller!
Nov 22, 2008
Minnesota
One thing I havent seen anyone ask about is the ladder bars you're running.

Length? Materials? Where/how mounted?

I was thinking the same thing. If it's hopping, more than likely the axle is twisting back and forth.

OP, post some pictures of your traction bars please.

TheBac

Why do I keep doing this?
Staff member
Apr 19, 2008
Mid Michigan
I was thinking the same thing. If it's hopping, more than likely the axle is twisting back and forth.

OP, post some pictures of your traction bars please.
Thats what I was thinking. I couldnt really tell from the video, but it looked like the bars were "flat" compared to what I normally see on these trucks.
Heck, they could have been bending upward...

Also, whitelightning, whats the weight limit for the class you run?

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Yeah I did. Clamped the rear springs and lowered the front end. Maxed shocks

You left a lot of that out. We are not there to see the truck and what you did. All we get is text and maybe a pic/video. It’s up to you to be discriptive and paint the picture. There may be a key point in something your not listing because you feel it’s not important.

All we can do is go off what you tell us

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
These guys literally gave you a check list of things to do and you didn’t do any of them. Wtf were you expecting?

Yeah I did. Clamped the rear springs and lowered the front end. Maxed shocks

You didn’t listen fully. We all told you to max the tires out in the rear. A hard basketball is harder to compress than a flat one. Once the bounce starts a softer tire let’s it continue.

ikeG

Oughta Know Better
Apr 19, 2011
Western PA
www.facebook.com
In the video of your first pull, it appears to be axle wrap. Can you limit your rear travel at all in your class?
Should be able to take it out by clamping leaf springs and limiting travel to 2". Rear tire pressure shouldn't be causing that issue.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk