Power Inverters/locations/etc...

Buccanoles

Aug 14, 2006
Tallahassee, Florida
I want to set up a power inverter with several outlets in my truck. Instead of having to buy power converters for my ipod, garmin, flashlight, etc... I want to be able to plug them into a 110 outlet that is permanently mounted in my truck. Is this a dream or something that could be done?

SIKDMAX

Highway Burnouts!
Sep 14, 2007
Central Coast, Cali
www.sikdmax.com
Did it in my last few trucks. 1000 Watt power inverter under the rear seat hardwired to the battery, then get some pop in 110V outlets trhat you cut a 1.5x1.5" square in your dash or so (or wherever) and they pop right into place. Then wire then up to your inverter and "permanent", flush mount plugs whereever you want! Under seat, up front lower dash, in bed, under bumper, wherever!

NukleusX

Stuck in a P7100 world.
Wish I could get pictures of my buddy's setup he has in his truck, he built something similar to a sub type carpeted box that fits on top of the hump on the floor, it is contoured to the 4wd shifter... It houses 2 2 plug wall outlets (one on each side), oversized cup holders, and mounting for both his ham and CB units. It also has 4 upfitter type switches on it as well, which I dont think he has wired into anything at the moment...

Underneath the custom console is the 1000 watt (IIRC) inverter, that is wired directly to the battery. I am pretty sure he has it wired so its only on when he has his ignition key turned to on or accessory.

It is a neat setup which I want to build for my truck as well, though I have not found time to do so...