Poor vette owner

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
im really more excited over the fact i didnt have some kid wanting to play in a civic and it was actually something that had some power lol.

about 20-30% of the time on my way into work, there is a guy that has a silver vette c6 non z06. he ALWAYS weaves in and out of traffic like its a damn race and twice ive watched him damn near clip a car to make space and get it. The other day he found the brake pedal when the truck infront of him had to stop quick and the vette was trying to fly up behind him and cut the guy off in the right lane. i swore the vette ate his hitch but didnt.

Anyhow, im leaving the light this morning (in front, no traffic) and who do i see behind me? mr racecar driver flying up through the pack. knowing hes coming i knock down to 3rd and proceed to wait for him to get near me. As he just clears traffic, i hear him drop a gear and that v8 start screamin (im about 30 yards in front). soon as i hear him drop a gear, i punch it. since he has the run on me, he gets his rear end up to my fender and then i start reeling him in quickly. He was at the bed and falling behind when he finally let out. 0 acknowledgement and would NOT come up or pass me after that.

good start to the morning i must say. :happy2:

BTW, in case you all didnt know. i have to travel through Mexico each morning to get to work. Of course all this took place down there amungst the drug lords and Policia, hopefully he is not apart of the drug cartel or i may not make it through to tomorrow :D

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
Awesome. I can't wait for the day I get to unleash 1100 ponies on some "poorvette" owner and wreck his day.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
He let you win :hug:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

if it was a z06, id agree since i was just on the tow tune. the old race tune has walked a few mildly modded z06's before though (cam, stock head work done, dyno tuned). not by much but it got it done for a slow roll! (they wouldnt do a dig lol). this guy has an exhaust and thats about it.

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
YouTube video or it didn't happen:roflmao:

That must have been fun. Had a similar experience a few years back with some young guy showing off with his girl in the passenger seat of a convertible.

When he got close to me I mashed it and blew his doors off. Must have beat him by more then a truck length by the time I let out. Probably embarrassed him in from of his gril as I didn't see him after that. It was a good day

catman3126

Ehhh?.... You don't say?
Jul 24, 2012
NE Oregon
YouTube video or it didn't happen:roflmao:

That must have been fun. Had a similar experience a few years back with some young guy showing off with his girl in the passenger seat of a convertible.

When he got close to me I mashed it and blew his doors off. Must have beat him by more then a truck length by the time I let out. Probably embarrassed him in from of his gril as I didn't see him after that. It was a good day

I had the same thing happen with my local competitor in town. him and his girl were in his dodge and walked him once. let him catch up and walked him again. when they went by after we slowed down he didn't look over but she did lol.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I got killed by a ST10 Charger a few weeks ago. I googled them and they look to be 430hp if it was stockish. I wish he would have slowed down, but from 65mph he didn't have much trouble walking me. Now that I have a boost gauge that goes over 35psi I can be less conservative with my tuning, so maybe next time.

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I got killed by a ST10 Charger a few weeks ago. I googled them and they look to be 430hp if it was stockish. I wish he would have slowed down, but from 65mph he didn't have much trouble walking me. Now that I have a boost gauge that goes over 35psi I can be less conservative with my tuning. Not that my rods are going to be happy with me though.

my buddy had a 16 charger R/T scat pack setup that he had uprated to the 465hp. that boat couldnt keep up with me :roflmao:. he beat me one time YEARS ago before i had twins at the "belmont dragway" in flagstaff. had a little vw 336 taht he hopped up. since that race, he has never beat me since and i make sure of it :D. He and i built up a 09 vw 2.0 GTi with a ko4, clutch, tuning, ect, ect and that car was quick/fun. he wanted to race me on the tow tune but i knew it wouldnt be enough so i snuck the race tune in without telling him. after i blew his doors off, he got very confused and couldnt figure out what might have been wrong with the car. i couldnt contain my laughter and told him the truth, he was pissed and laughing pretty hard!! :roflmao:

the first time i beat that vw 336 of his at the "belmont dragway", i just had the twins put on and he wouldnt race me. he knew how fast the truck was then. So i said "fine, ill do a no boost 2wd launch". he agreed and i forgot how much more lag you get at 7k feet lol. turbo finally lights and he about the 330 mark. about the 1000ft mark i come right around him with his eyes wide eye. I need to find the video of it, its pretty funny.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
One day I'll have a built engine, but until then I just have live with only beating up on cars like that when I can do a boosted launch.