P160C Chevrolet Engine Calibration Information Not Programmed - GPCM

RazzRJB

Nov 25, 2022
Hello, it's been a while since I posted anything. My 2006 Silverado 2500HD (LBZ) has been very good to me. But now I have a situation that I need a little help with. I'm not a diesel mechanic. I'm not even a mechanic. I am a "Swiss Army Knife" when it comes to doing stuff myself. However, I also know my limitations. My check engine light came on, so I checked it with my OBDII scanner & the codes indicated that I had issues with 6 Glow Plugs, the Glow Plug Control Module & the Speed Sensors on both my front wheels. So, I completed all that work, plus I replaced my block heater & power cord (It kept tripping my GFCI). I took my truck for a test drive finally at like 9:30 pm & everything was great. Next day I hooked up my OBDII scanner to see if everything was clear & to get rid of that annoying check engine light. It cleared but, then it came back on with one code:

P160C Chevrolet Engine Calibration Information Not Programmed - GPCM

Like I said, I know my limitations & I believe that's something that needs to be done by a qualified diesel mechanic/technician. Am I correct in that assumption? Also, if I have to take it somewhere, will I have to get a second mortgage on my house or is it something that won't cost me an arm & a leg?
Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
Injector flow rates need to be programmed into the GPCM, thats basically what its telling you. you will need a tech2 or efi live to do it.