P0500

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
Does anybody else get this code in 4 low? I only get it when I'm in 4 low, and only from the ECM. The TCM shifts fine in 4 low, and the speedo works, but as soon as I shift into 4 low it sets this code, and on the 2nd start it turns the light on(it is set for a 2 trip code in the ECM). I have checked before and the ECM shows it going into 4 low, and I get no issues when the code pops other than the annoying service engine soon light. I'm about ready to just shut it off in the ECM via EFILIVE, but wanted to check to see if others had encountered it. The only thing I can figure about it is my speedo doesn't really move until I'm going about 3-4 MPH, but after that it reads fine and is dead on accurate.

05_LLY

Out-A-Time
Aug 7, 2006
Norvelt, PA
Our puller dose the same, I quit worrin about it. we are running a 01tcm os, not sure if it has anything to do with that or not, always reads speed and works and shifts correctly in low range.

RPM Motorsports

smokinum
May 13, 2008
Central Valley Ca.
I think it's the purple wire in the harness that goes to the shifter, its something about telling it that it's splitting gears iirc. Not near my info right now, but I had the same with the H1 swaps for a bit.

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I'm running an 01 TCM OS with a 6006 02 ECM OS. I was reading the description on ALLDATA, and I wondering if it has something to do with having no front wheel speed sensor input to the ECM via the class 2 databus. The description of the code is "If the ECM detects a difference in vehicle speed with the VSS of greater than 8 km/h (5 mph), then DTC P0500 is set.", and the only VSS input to my ECM is the speed sensor in the transfer case. Maybe I should try cutting the 4 low input to the ECM and see if that shuts it off.

kevinphillips2232

Aug 4, 2023
Maine
What was the resolve for this I have a 2003lb7 swapped to lly 2004.5 used original manual tcase and lb7 trans keep getting p0500 code and when it trips the truck de fuels significantly lly tcm with lb7 base file Lock the converter and trips code and de fuel. The lly was an auto t case truck and the lb7 was manual Everything was plug and play. I made sure no pins pushed out of tcm connectors and replaced sensor with new oem