OEM Style Tow Mirrors 06-07

Animals1234

Jun 8, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a set of OEM tow mirrors for my LBZ. I know that Amazon sells a bunch of them but unfortunately most of the ones I have bought rattle past 65 mph. I tried going to my local dealership and they've been discontinued for a few years. Would anyone have any recommendations on ones they have had good luck with?

Animals1234

Jun 8, 2017
My local yard only has the small/standard mirrors. I talked with Hicksville Auto Recyclers and they couldn't guaranty if they would be oem mirrors I'd get or not

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
I believe MUTH made the original towing mirrors for GM. I doubt you will find any new ones at this point.

Look around and see if you can source a decent set of used ones.

Other wise I have had the least issues with my Boost auto parts mirror's. They still tend to want fluter a little, but more manageable than the Ebay specials I had from ECCPP. Which also didn't have the Stop's in the correct position. This caused the mirror side adjustment to be maxed out to see the traffic lanes next to you on both sides.

As much as I didn't want to pay there price, at least you can get replacement parts should you need them.

CDmax16

Mar 3, 2018
NNV
I installed a set of Trail Ridge from 1a auto, on a friend’s LBZ a couple of years ago, and he still has no complaints.

Reactions: Animals1234

660catman

May 18, 2021
I used to be in the aftermarket auto parts business and sold mirrors. I used a set from Kool-Vue on my 2009 Silverado. They shook slightly. Muth supplied the heated glass to Kool-Vue in order to build them. Fast forward to 2013 I had an OEM set on my 2013 Silverado. They shook just as much. I now have an OEM set on my 2013 Sierra and they shake just as much. The shear size of them make them prone to shake at higher speeds.

2013 Sierra SLE 2500HD Crew Cab

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
FYI the stock ones that came on those classic trucks shook when they were new. Only way to fix was to stuff foam in behind.

Last edited: