Need to buy new tires

LBZ

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 2, 2007
B.C.
No such thing as a quiet aggressive tire. You can’t have both I don’t care what anyone says.
I drive a truck with a deleted exhaust so noisey tires are a mute point to me. If I wanted quiet I’d buy a car.

kheims

Oct 7, 2012
How loud are the Goodyear Duratrac?

I'd like to try them or the Nitto Ridge Grapplers.

I had those as well. Not loud at all. I got a good 70,000 miles out of a set on my 20’s before I went with the mickey’s. Rotations and proper air pressures were my friend to do that. Would have went with the duratracs again but got a killer deal on the mickeys and went that route. But I like both sets. Didn’t get enough miles out of the mickeys to see how long they would have lasted. But I did like the mickeys better. Handling seemed more stable if that makes sense. The duratracs felt like they had a weaker sidewall. Just my opinion though.

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH
No such thing as a quiet aggressive tire. You can’t have both I don’t care what anyone says.
I drive a truck with a deleted exhaust so noisey tires are a mute point to me. If I wanted quiet I’d buy a car.

No, but the Ridge Grappler is as close as you can get. My brother had a set on his 15 LML bone stock, not noisy at all.

zakkb787

<that’s not me...
Sep 29, 2014
Granite Falls NC
Duratracs are the loudest tire I’ve ever ran when they get lower in tread. And I’ve ran boggers before. I’ve got some RT knockoffs and I like them so far. They have noise but it’s not terrible.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I like my Ridge Grapplers, but they ain't that quiet. Mine are at 1/2 tread and 65dB in my 2015 2500 LTZ with a 6.0. Which is by far the quietest truck I have ever been in. New Hancooks ATs on my noisy ass stripped down work truck 2008 2500w/6.0 was only 60dB. Not sure about my next tire STT pros maybe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hambone

Always learning
Jan 24, 2016
Florida
I was considering ridge grapplers but ended up with Toyo AT2
We run them on our fleet and they are perfect AT tire
Great traction and quite on the road
Unfortunately I got two that are not balancing right and hop at 40-50mph
Waiting till I get 500 miles on them and I’ll get them “Trued” and rebalance and then it’s like driving on a cloud lol
Next tire we are going to try is the Goodyear Duratrac:thumb: