Need cat welded

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
Anybody know of any good exhaust shops in the San Gabriel Valley? Lookin to straight pipe my LLY, and need flanges welded onto my cat for smog time. Thanks fellas.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Switching the pipe out is fairly easy, just be sure and brush some never-seize on the V-band clamp at the downpipe and the other pipe connection. I brushed never-seize on all the joints of my new exhaust made adjusting after installing a breeze.

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Anybody know of any good exhaust shops in the San Gabriel Valley? Lookin to straight pipe my LLY, and need flanges welded onto my cat for smog time. Thanks fellas.

Your LLY cat already has a 4 bolt flange...I have a cat delete pipe if you're interested...

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
I'm going with a 5" turbo back and a 3" down pipe...I want to be able to swap the cat in and out if needed..so if the cat is flanged, I'll need to flange the aft 5" from the cat as well as the delete pipe. Also, possibly the downpipe on the cat side.

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
May want to purchase the flanges before going to the muffler shop, legally they cannot modify an exhaust system in California, period. The only thing they can do is reinstall OEM or CARB approved systems. Flanges are expensive from shops retail at about $30.00 apiece, here is a link for some pricing (much cheaper) I found awhile back while considering the same thing. I just installed a Donaldson resonator to look like a cat and it passed where I live.

http://pipefittingsdirect.com/4-inch-CAT-Square-Flange-PFDCT406.htm

mattv

LINETRASH
Dec 21, 2013
Phx
May want to purchase the flanges before going to the muffler shop, legally they cannot modify an exhaust system in California, period. The only thing they can do is reinstall OEM or CARB approved systems. Flanges are expensive from shops retail at about $30.00 apiece, here is a link for some pricing (much cheaper) I found awhile back while considering the same thing. I just installed a Donaldson resonator to look like a cat and it passed where I live.

http://pipefittingsdirect.com/4-inch-CAT-Square-Flange-PFDCT406.htm

Thanx bro! I found a shop that'll do it reasonably cheap, but I'll still check out this site. Wish I could do it back in Az...then I'd use my ole man's address in Pinetop and be done with it.

dmaxman06

May 25, 2011
morenci az
u can buy hi flow cats from all the big name exhaust places there a litte pricy but beats haveing to mess with exhaust all the time

c20elephant

C20ELEPHANT
Apr 25, 2013
Phoenix, Arizona
Magnaflow will not ship catalytic converters to California (California is a different country as defined by CARB) as they are not C.A.R.B. approved but 49 state approved, states quite clearly on many a sites I have been on when searching for a 4" cat....:thumb:

Last edited: