LBZ: My lbz thread (pic heavy)

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Ah the fun of digging through old threads.

This might be the most missed truck I’ve had..

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
This is the one.

It was recovered last year. Had been re vinned as an 03 and sold.

Kid rolled it, had it for sale on fb. I called the popo.. it recovered
Did you get anything out of it then? From what I remember insurance didn't cover the theft because it was considered a legitimate sale.

How did you happen to find it on FB. Still had the same mods or what?

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Did you get anything out of it then? From what I remember insurance didn't cover the theft because it was considered a legitimate sale.

How did you happen to find it on FB. Still had the same mods or what?

I finally got paid from insurance thanks to something @JoshH found online about the same thing happening. Had to go through a lawyer and it cost 7k but I got most of my money back.

Same exact mods. Tires were bald, everything exactly the same except the windshield and windshield vin.

Confirmed it was mine with the police by the dot#s on the tires from where I had bought them.

Never saw it again after the popo recovered it. However it was a lost cause.

Reactions: SmokeShow

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013

Right? Kid that had rolled it had purchased it from the guy that got it from me.. he was told it was a 2003 (title matched) that had been lbz swapped. 🙄

Said he had even been pulled over in it multiple times

1FastBrick

Dec 1, 2016
Junkyard
Right? Kid that had rolled it had purchased it from the guy that got it from me.. he was told it was a 2003 (title matched) that had been lbz swapped. 🙄

Said he had even been pulled over in it multiple times
Which is ironic because that specific color was not available until 2006... But only some one like me would know something like that. And regardless if some one were to repaint an earlier truck that specific color, There is always a sign some where when a vehicle has been repainted a different color....

I am guessing they were too lazy to check the Vin on the door tag, the tire tag, and the glove box to see if it was a match.

I always wonder the back story on the How the thief gets the papers and Vin. I know some are purchased from auctions or private individuals parting wrecks out. I have also seen where they Wash a legit title and put the stolen vehicles info on it. That happened to some one I know.

clrussell

pro-procrastinator
Sep 23, 2013
Which is ironic because that specific color was not available until 2006... But only some one like me would know something like that. And regardless if some one were to repaint an earlier truck that specific color, There is always a sign some where when a vehicle has been repainted a different color....

I am guessing they were too lazy to check the Vin on the door tag, the tire tag, and the glove box to see if it was a match.

I always wonder the back story on the How the thief gets the papers and Vin. I know some are purchased from auctions or private individuals parting wrecks out. I have also seen where they Wash a legit title and put the stolen vehicles info on it. That happened to some one I know.

Oh yeah there was a lot about that truck that’s as clearly not a 2003 swap truck haha.