LS to LT seats

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
my 2004 is the LS trim package. I'm looking to turn it into an LT. I picked up a pretty nice set of leather heated seats with both seats being 8 way power. I'm wondering what all I need to make everything work. I would also like to have the memory seat function work. This truck isn't a stripped down model. It does have dual digital climate control and the full steering wheel buttons. I have been doing some research and i'm a bit confused on all of the different controller talk, switches and wiring harnesses needed.

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
wow not a single reply. I'm going to start by sourcing a floor wiring harness. Hopefully my truck is already equipped with he necessary controllers and I can have GM flash it to use the memory function.

danzick

playing with fire
Feb 20, 2014
Livingston, MT
just finished the install. There was a little more to it than I originally figured. I swapped the entire floor harness out of the same body style truck as mine but from a GMC(extended cab). There were extra wires in this new harness that my old one did not have. Once I got the harness all installed I found my Air bag module would not plug into this new harness. The used GMC harness I bought came with a module, but I had a service air bag system message popping up. After some investigation, this new harness had a passenger seat pressure sensor, and my truck has the switch on the dash to turn the bag on or off. I had to move some wires around in the air bag module plug to match my factory one, and I just pulled out the extras that my truck didn't need. I also had to swap the red connector cap off my harness so it would fit into my factory module. I also had to pull one wire from my harness that went from the air bag module to up under the dash, and install it in my new harness. Both seats have full power, and both seats have functioning factory heaters in them. The only thing that doesn't work, is the memory function. I'm going to call my local dealership and see if they can get that working.

jmdorris

Teacherman
Sep 18, 2016
Southern Illinois
I did something similar but old worried about the power portion. I just gave them power and ground from my factory 2 way power and bam.

2004.5 2500HD Silverado ECSB with an ever-expanding list of shiny things.