LMM Coolant leak at oil cooler

adam9716

Jul 13, 2022
Hey guys, I am new to this Particular forum and had a question.... I have a 2007 LMM 4x4 crew cab with 250k on her (bone Stock). last week she sprung a severe coolant leak at the oil cooler. I am taking it in to have repaired next week. My question is, since I have so many miles on my truck, and the skid plate, crossmember etc have to come out to fix the leak, is there any other things I should have done/replaced when she's opened up? Because the high cost of removing all those parts to get to the underside of the motor, i am trying to avoid paying labor for that again in the future to rplace a $25 part. I am only interested in keeping her stock at this point. Thanks in advance!

08lmm72mm

May 13, 2019
Saskatchewan, Canada
It depends on where the leak actually is once they get in there. Oil cooler gasket, coolant line from the elbow, could be higher the headgasket leaking out from the outside.

adam9716

Jul 13, 2022
It depends on where the leak actually is once they get in there. Oil cooler gasket, coolant line from the elbow, could be higher the headgasket leaking out from the outside.
The mechanic said it was from the o-ring on the tube connection to the oil cooler. Hope it’s not a head gasket, I haven’t had any over heating issues though… for sake of argument, let’s say all it is is an o-ring, is there any other work I should have done while the lower is disassembled?