LLY Return rate testing

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
What are you guys using and how are you testing your return rates?

i was thinking of getting an old return rate line, putting some longer line on the end of the connections (blocking the other side off as well), then dumping those into a graduated cyl. I know the spec to look for, just wondering if im over thinking how to test each one, ill have to drive across town to get a used return line.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I just tested each bank by taking lose the return line where it switches to hard line. It was a bit below the limit for 4 injectors combined so I called it good. That don't mean I have an injected that's at the limit, but I heard if they are bad it pretty obvious.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

S Phinney

Aug 15, 2008
Quncy, Fl
The only real way to know is doing them individually. I had some lb7 injectors that as a side appeared good but most failed the back flow testing.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i know i have bad ones, if not all of them so pulling the line at the end of the return for all the injectors wont tell me much.

guess im looking to see how/what guys used to check return on each one besides buying the kent moore tool. sometimes there is more than one way to skin a cat.... sometimes

THEFERMANATOR

LEGALLY INSANE
Feb 16, 2009
ZEPHYRHILLS, FL
I think testdrive found a place to buy the fittings from to make his own test set. Not sure if he's able to check in right now as I know he was on the road a week or so ago as he stopped by to see me.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
James you can do exactly what your thinking, cap off the other end of the test line and then run your longer hose into a graduated beaker. The Kent more kit just has fancy brass fittings... I got all the D-max engine tooling for dirt cheap on e-bay when Obama gutted the GM dealers.

Burn Down

Hotrodder
Sep 14, 2008
Boise Idaho
I though about using the the stock ones and capping off the tee, but heard they normally break.

I haven't broken any yet. I always squirt a little wd40 down where they push into the injector, give them some twists back and forth and they pop right out.

Dozerboy

Jun 23, 2009
TX of course
I thought that might be the case if you where careful and the guys I talked to might of been jerking them apart.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Chevy1925

Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
i was popping mine in and out when i was putting my top end on, i was just careful with the ends like you are saying Dozer