Limitless Trans Still Going Strong.

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
Just picked mine up today....
fa45cb9c3b5e51d4f292ee47c360f2f1.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Got it installed today. Gonna drive it for a week or so before I turn the switch off the stock tune and let her eat.

oscyjack

May 7, 2016
Northeast
King. Put it right into the tun e you think you'll use most. And just drive her! No need to baby it,no need to abuse it. Just drive as you want and shell follow suit .

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
King. Put it right into the tun e you think you'll use most. And just drive her! No need to baby it,no need to abuse it. Just drive as you want and shell follow suit .
I figured I'd baby it for a couple days on stock tune to let everything get working good. I'm always that millionth guy in the 1 in a million odds type of thing...haha But after I'm convinced it broke in I'll most likely use my 70hp light tow or the 150hp street tune the most.

Example of my luck.....
Somehow I cracked or broke the dipstick, noticed it when I went to pour atf in it leaks out the dipstick about halfway up. After dumping in ~6 gallons I'd say less than a cup full leaked out on the ground. I'm guessing it's cracked next to the weld for the mounting bracket. Only time it leaks is when I'm actually pouring fluid in the dipstick, but I'm sure since the atf can leak out moisture and dust will find a way in. So I gotta figure something out for that. Not looking forward it.

Last edited:

PureHybrid

Isuzu Shakes IT
Feb 15, 2012
Central OH

x2. But the big tune on it, let it learn the shifts. I'm sure you won't hurt that trans on those tunes even if you didn't let it learn

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
Well my wife and daughter wanted a ride so I took them out. I put it on the big tune and just drove normal or even more grandpa than normal at first. Went out on unpopulated back county roads and stopped at every intersection so it could keep shifting thru the gears, I gradually gave it more and more throttle from each stop and it seemed to take it quite well. I wasn't flooring it or anything but the old trans would have limpee driving like I was at the end. Did a couple roll into the throttle while in 5th gear with tc locked and that ****er pulls very good! Even with all the shifting and tc locking and unlocking because of stopping every mile the highest temp I saw was 159°! Can't beat that.

Ne-max

I like turtles
Nov 15, 2011
Lincoln, Ne
I always suggest putting some miles on a trans before putting power to it. Just to make sure everything is acting right. Let the tcm learn the new data. Also change the spin on after the first 100 miles. Sounds like overkill but it's a expensive part.

830king

Oct 24, 2013
Central MN
I always suggest putting some miles on a trans before putting power to it. Just to make sure everything is acting right. Let the tcm learn the new data. Also change the spin on after the first 100 miles. Sounds like overkill but it's a expensive part.
I do have about 75 miles on it. And it has a bunch of shifts on it already because I was slowing down and speeding up just so it would shift more and learn a little faster. It's shifting quite well already, so bumped the power up. I was planning on changing the spin on at about 500 miles or so but I guess at 100 wouldn't be a bad idea either. I have about 8 of the filters on my shelf anyway...lol

Harbin_22

Dec 4, 2010
Southern Indiana
I drive mine easy for a mile or two to get the trans up to temp to check it. After that it gets the gradual increase from 25% to 100% throttle learn time and let it have it after that, on the race tune the entire time. Evans trans are the shit! Can't believe all the abuse mine takes and keeps shifting great