Help: Let's talk clutches/pressure plate loads

Sud

May 15, 2012
Lawrenceburg, KY
I've destroyed 3 slave cylinders in the last 2 months. the most recent one didn't even last long enough to put the truck in gear. (finished replacing it, bled the slave, started the truck, and within 10 seconds the slave crapped out, dumping fluid out of the bellhousing.)

I'm running a Kenny Smith Dual Disk clutch. I don't know how "heavy" the pressure plate load is on this set-up, but i do know that it's the heaviest clutch pedal i've ever pushed in. (most all my buddies agree, who have also had dual disk clutches, but on dodges.)

I'm contemplating trying a different clutch. Awful expensive "experiment", but if it works, then i don't mind.

I don't care if it's single disk, dual, triple, doesn't matter. needs to be capable of holding minimum of 600hp (would prefer 650-700). but without having to use an excessive pressure plate load to do so.

I intend to talk to a few companies (south bend, valair, KY Clutch, and any other that may be recommended) to explain my troubles, and see if they have experienced similar issues or if they have recommendations.

ANYONE have any insight for me?