LB7 pump into a LBZ yes no typo

Aebarela17

May 13, 2020
i am going to replace my LBZ pump with a modded LB7 pump that i have opened up. due to emergencies and i without a doubt i will knowingly have to endure the hell i only knew 6.0 psd to posses again. lol i was hoping some of you with modded lb7s can give me some rail psi number to see how much less if any will this modded lb7 pump and lbz FCA. will perform against stock lbz. this might be a bad idea but this is the only idea that i have left so...... here goes some fun and lots lots of work
TBC

2004LB7

Dec 15, 2010
Norcal
unless you did something wrong, you are not going to get any less pressure. the body of the pump is the same. you are using an LBZ regulator and LBZ numbers in your tune. you will get LBZ pressures based on your tune not on your LB7 pump

Aebarela17

May 13, 2020
unless you did something wrong, you are not going to get any less pressure. the body of the pump is the same. you are using an LBZ regulator and LBZ numbers in your tune. you will get LBZ pressures based on your tune not on your LB7 pump
Thanks that is comforting to hear I machines out the ports on the aluminum housing in the back of pump to match those of the cp3 and opened up and smoothed out the inlets installed fuel plug used larger fuel hose going and coming from fuel filter housing. I am currently on ppe hot 2 on stage 1 but unfortunately programer is at home so I can't see my fuel psi readings this was a free junkyard fix but I know when I get home I'd better get a new or rebuilt cp3 as to not have to do this repair at truck stop parking lot. I take back what I've said on working on my 6.0-6.4 the cp3 is a pain to say the least I did go into a limp mode once but no clue as to what codes. To bad AAA only tows 100 miles lol I just replaced the turbo last month so this truck and I are getting to know each other more then I care to. I'll keep an update on rail pressures once I'm able just for shits and giggles

Aebarela17

May 13, 2020
What is done to the LB7 pump you want to put in?
Poor man's homemade porting of the aluminum ports to match that of cp3 on the gears housing on back of cp3 and smoothing out and polishing inlets using larger fuel hoses to and from filter. It is said to help flow but idk seams like someone would say that to justify all that work I don't believe it will be a notible gain but I have been wrong before. I'll keep in update on rail pressures when I get home 🤞