irony

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
me and a buddy were driving down a back road. he has an 03 common rail 5 speed cummins, yep an nv4500 they made a few. I have my signature truck an 01 lb7 6 speed manual. we pulled over next to each other and rolled down the windows. I looked at him and said two wheel drive or four wheel drive. he said "well four wheel of course". famous last words. we both locked them in and staged them up. I revved mine up to 3400 and dumped it in second, I heard a extremely loud pop. :confused: I was like shit I broke something. to my surprise everything felt fine and it kept on pulling fine, about that time I looked in my side view and seen my buddy already out of his truck under the front end. I turned around and popped under there to see what the deal was. he had all brand new u joints, he ripped to stubs off the u joint and it spun and broke an ear off the drive shaft yoke. I couldn't help but say it was ironic that my weak ifs with 240,000 miles was fine while his cummins with half the miles snapped a front end part. his being leveled didn't help im sure. we got it towed and removed the shaft and hes still driving it around. I couldn't help but post this. duramax 1 cummins 0

Last edited:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
were lucky the all truck drags got cancelled that morning otherwise he might have broke it at gateway motorsports park an hour away from home. and we didn't have the torx bits to drop the shaft there we would have had to find a parts store or something. luckily our buddy with his cummins and a gooseneck that lives 5 minutes away showed up and towed it and we dropped the shaft in his shop and had it going again 2wd only now within the hour. always glad to have friends:hug:

zf>allison

you never had your car.
Apr 30, 2013
elsberry mo
Very fortunate indeed!!

We're those the greaseable u joints?

yes I hear there weaker. having holes drilled through them and all. he just had them put in a month or two ago. and they had been greased within the past week. he launches boats a lot and has a grease gun in the tool box and hits them up to push the water out. hes talkin about going Yukon stuff.