Increase Fuel Economy and Performance

asirico22

Oct 17, 2022
I am sure that i am 1 of many to ask this. But I am thinking of putting in 1 of the following:

- cold air
- banks derringer
- banks pedal monster
- exhaust

I will eventually have all, but what should the first choice be to achieve thread title? It is my daily driver and I also tow 13000lb 5th wheel.

Any suggestions? What got me down this path is the 11mpg while towing, and I am going back and forth from VA to TX with the 5th wheel. I'll be needing a second mortgage with bidens diesel prices.

Bdsankey

Vendor
Vendor/Sponsor
Feb 1, 2018
Neenah, Wisconsin
That's not terrible IMO for a 5th wheel. They are sails. Their drop in economy is more a function of size instead of weight.

There are some decent options out there for both modules like you described (Derringer, Pulsar) as well as flash versions like the Edge Evo HT. Having been in a Derringer and then a Pulsar truck, the Pulsar seems to have more ass behind it. That was empty so no long term towing economy info from that customer.

Reactions: BoiseRob

Chevy1925

don't know sh!t about IFS
Staff member
Oct 21, 2009
Phoenix Az
I am sure that i am 1 of many to ask this. But I am thinking of putting in 1 of the following:

- cold air
- banks derringer
- banks pedal monster
- exhaust

I will eventually have all, but what should the first choice be to achieve thread title? It is my daily driver and I also tow 13000lb 5th wheel.

Any suggestions? What got me down this path is the 11mpg while towing, and I am going back and forth from VA to TX with the 5th wheel. I'll be needing a second mortgage with bidens diesel prices.
you need to specifiy what year truck.

a 2020+ wont benefit from an intake. the exhaust is really more for looks and wont do a thing for your mpg. pedal monster is a waste of money. The derringer MIGHT gain you 1 mpg as it raises fuel pressure and boost BUT it will come at a cost of shorten injector life.

these aint the diesels of the past, they are engineered well for performance and mpg with the emissions they are required to meet. even deleting, you might not see a gain in mpg unless its a real quality tune (there is a ton of shitty tunes and tuners for these trucks).

you will either need to slow your roll down the highway or get in touch with PPEI for a towing mpg tune only. that is going to far out do a derringer because kory can manipulate injector timing, pilot injection and timing, injector uS and other factors BUT again, dont expect miracles.