How do you keep your egts down with N2O

McRat

Diesel Hotrodder
Aug 2, 2006
Norco CA
www.mcratracing.com
Hmmmm? For which motor? LBZ i assume?

Not all Salad gets the private label? Just select Salad?

oooopsie.

Would you care to explain this comment a bit better?

Personally I don't remember having a "Nitrous Tune" that I sell. On request, I'll back the timing off 4 deg to resist bursting. The only real way to tune for nitrous is at the track and dyno, canned tuning will never be optimum since shot size varies, even with the same jet. Just like cars.

Understand that when you use the term "team salad", what you're really talking about is a large group of EFILive users and tuners, mainly racers, who help each other go faster.

My shop is called McRat Racing. I'm proud of what these "salad" guys have done for the diesel community. Many of them have developed their own style of tuning, and have shared that information with others.

But then again, you already know all of this, so your comment puzzles me.

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Chris, Pat and Mike.

I wanted to help the guy.

He stated the Nitrous tune was in the private tuning area. I was given access to that area when i purchased your EFI/Tune.

I looked in the private tuning area.

No nitrous tune for LB7, LLY, LBZ, or LMM , perhaps another tuning area exists?

I don't want the tune, thank you, i want to help the guy. i can't find the tune Kat loaded. The tune referenced in his post.

I'm being a smart ass guys, easy. All of us are smart ass once in awhile.:hug:

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Killerbee, as for the tuning its the nitrous tune in the private tune library that kat posted.

This one. :)

holy crud... it was an oldie! I was way off. When i expanded the thread to reflect anything posted over the last year... blammo.

Yea, he could pull some boost to start with. But what do i know... I can't even find the tune.

Last edited:

The Neens

BFD
Staff member
Aug 10, 2006
Monrovia, Ca.
Chris, Pat and Mike.

I wanted to help the guy.

He stated the Nitrous tune was in the private tuning area. I was given access to that area when i purchased your EFI/Tune.

I looked in the private tuning area.

No nitrous tune for LB7, LLY, LBZ, or LMM , perhaps another tuning area exists?

I don't want the tune, thank you, i want to help the guy. i can't find the tune Kat loaded. The tune referenced in his post.

I'm being a smart ass guys, easy. All of us are smart ass once in awhile.:hug:

Actually, that was easy;)

I just checked again and found the tune, hence the confusion and my question to you...

But I suppose that's a moot point, since you don't want the tune anyways:hug:

I want to help him as well, but unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with a Duramax powered vehicle that has nitrous...I'll leave the assistance to someone whom has:)

MAXLLY

No Lemming Here
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
Actually, that was easy;)

I just checked again and found the tune, hence the confusion and my question to you...

But I suppose that's a moot point, since you don't want the tune anyways:hug:

I want to help him as well, but unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with a Duramax powered vehicle that has nitrous...I'll leave the assistance to someone whom has:)

Cool, neither do i.;) Thought i would atleast try and help a brotha out.

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Would you care to explain this comment a bit better?

Personally I don't remember having a "Nitrous Tune" that I sell. On request, I'll back the timing off 4 deg to resist bursting. The only real way to tune for nitrous is at the track and dyno, canned tuning will never be optimum since shot size varies, even with the same jet. Just like cars.

Understand that when you use the term "team salad", what you're really talking about is a large group of EFILive users and tuners, mainly racers, who help each other go faster.

My shop is called McRat Racing. I'm proud of what these "salad" guys have done for the diesel community. Many of them have developed their own style of tuning, and have shared that information with others.

But then again, you already know all of this, so your comment puzzles me.

What would puzzle me would be IF you did come out with a nitrous tune.......:rofl::rofl: There would be piston paper weights all across the country then...:hug:

just think pat then you really would be famous!;)

Diesel power

Jun 2, 2008
maryland
Wanna cool the EGT's?

Pre IC injection

Bottle Psi needs to stay between 1000-1050psi

check for nitrous restriction in the system( make sure that the only restriction is the jet)

running less timing will reduce cylinder psi AND will reduce heat/stress by reducing the chance of pre ignition before TDC(nitrous ignites faster than ambient air)

If this dont work you have a exhaust restriction in the system somewhere.

Randy5.0

MAKE IT 3 YDS MF
Sep 7, 2008
Wanna cool the EGT's?

Pre IC injection

Bottle Psi needs to stay between 1000-1050psi

check for nitrous restriction in the system( make sure that the only restriction is the jet)

running less timing will reduce cylinder psi AND will reduce heat/stress by reducing the chance of pre ignition before TDC(nitrous ignites faster than ambient air)

If this dont work you have a exhaust restriction in the system somewhere.
Thanks for contributing.:) I'm trying to learn as much as I can too.

blue68383

Shooting for 11s
May 15, 2008
CA
Too much. I modified the tune for about 4 lbs less boost but I loaded the original tune in on accident so Im sure I was spiking to 35 with N2O

SteveFord

What's Next?
May 8, 2008
Iowa
I'd open up the veins during your n20 pass and see if it helps. Try it on the street somewhere safe and log it and then see what your egts do then.